Forum discussions Who's online Member Birthdays
Forum Search

#241 25 Aug, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: New Anime

Well my favorite anime of ALL TIME is Detective Conan (It's dubs name is Case Closed).  It's probably already been mentioned, but i'll post this just in case..

Although if you don't like mystery, you probably won't get through this series because it's got a crapton of episodes and they're almost all mystery. Seeing as it's a mystery anime. neutral

EDIT: By the way, if you watch anime in dubs, you should probably watch this in subs anyway because they stopped dubbing before it even got that great. neutral

Last edited by Graywolf (25 Aug, 2011 9:31 pm)

"Shinjitsu wa itsumo hitotsu!" ~ Edogawa Conan
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too and aren't scared to admit it then copy and paste this in your signature.

#242 27 Aug, 2011 12:17 pm

Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko and Steins;Gate.
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko is about a guy who goes and lives with his Aunt, and then meets his cousin who believes herself to be an alien and she wraps herself in a futon.
Steins;Gate is about time travel and stuff that's kind of complicated to explain. :'D

I might be back??? I might not??? I really don't know

#243 02 Sep, 2011 1:38 pm

Try the following Anime/Manga:
Kaichou Wa Maid Sama! (It's my and my best friends favorite Anime & Manga big_smile )
Itazura na kiss
Mirmo
Gakuen Alice ( 1 of my fav. also )
The Wallflower
Yumeiro Patessiere
Ginban Kaleidoscope
Clannad/Clannad After Story
Stigma of the Wind
Gosick
Hayate the Combat Butler
Shakugan No Shana
Black Butler (my friends like it but I haven't try watching it)
Save me Lollipop! (a friend of mine loves it and I'm just going to watch it)
Barajou no Kiss (Manga)

I may have failed a dozen times, but one thing enabled me to run the race of life,its when I saw Jesus at the end line, inspiring me to move on

#244 02 Sep, 2011 10:06 pm

Idunno if I saw it in your list, but Anohana is amazing. Kaichou wa maid-sama! is also great, and so is Lovely Complex. I also loved Air. *O* They're all shoujos

#245 10 Nov, 2012 3:00 am

Hey peoples, just an update a whole year later XD
I'm still KHR crazy (though I'm really quite depressed since the Manga ended two days ago TT~TT) and I've also been into Homestuck (which ain't an anime/manga).
BUT I've started watching some fairly new anime, one which is not for young teens out there >: [ as in there's blood and guts everywhere. Which is actually kinda my kinda thing, but anyway....
I've started watching Psycho-Pass and Magi. Both have been added to the currently watching/need to finish list owo
Though I may not watch your suggestions any time soon, I might take the time to look 'em up -w-

Yup that's about it.

#246 29 Dec, 2012 10:42 pm

I think
Ultra Maniac
YuruYuri
I'm pretty sure you'll refuse this one, but I'll just suggest it. Kiss x Sis (It's very ecchi though >.<)
Squid Girl (It's sooo funny!)
Mamotte! Lollipop
Black Rock Shooter TV
Bamboo Blade (I haven't seen this in a... while)

I'm sorry if some of these are on the list *i'mbadatremeberingthings*

Last edited by yumi-himee (29 Dec, 2012 10:43 pm)

#247 07 Apr, 2013 1:04 am

Nyehe QAQ I just finished watching the last episode of Psycho-Pass
Why is it that in all the great anime, so many characters die TTwTT?

Welp, I gotta catch up on Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic now, but I also want to watch what I think is an anime that just came out? Or at least I haven't heard of it before. But once again it's an extremely violent and gruesome anime. I don't even remember what the title is. But it looks really interesting, so I think I'ma cup into my Magi time and watch that as well.
Then I also have to catch up on Homestuck O-o not an anime, for those who haven't heard of it. Not a manga either. I can't find the last page I left off on though >~<
Gah, so much I wanna read and watch, so little time~

I'ma go update my list now -w-

#248 07 Apr, 2013 1:56 am

Naoki Urasawa's Monster is amazing if you're in the mood for something a little more realistic.

Plot
"Dr. Kenzō Tenma is a young Japanese doctor, working at Eisler Memorial Hospital in Düsseldorf in 1986. An accomplished brain surgeon, he seems to have everything: a promotion in the offing; the favor of the hospital's director, Heinemann; and Heinemann's daughter Eva as his fiancée. However, Tenma is increasingly dissatisfied with the political bias of the hospital in treating patients, and seizes the chance to change things after a massacre brings twins Johan and Anna Liebert into the hospital. Johan has a gunshot wound to his head, and Anna mutters about killing; Tenma decides to operate on Johan instead of the mayor of Düsseldorf, who arrived later. Johan is saved, but Mayor Roedecker dies; Tenma loses his social standing (and Eva) as a result. However, Director Heinemann and the other doctors in Tenma's way are mysteriously murdered, and both children disappear from the hospital soon afterwards. The police suspect Tenma, since he benefits from the turn of events; however, they have no evidence and can only question him.
Nine years later, Tenma is Chief of Surgery at Eisler Memorial. After saving a criminal named Adolf Junkers after Junkers was hit by a car, he hears Junkers muttering about a "monster". Tenma is kind to Junkers, who reciprocates by opening up to the doctor. One evening, when Tenma returns with a clock as a gift for Junkers, he finds the guard in front of Junkers' room dead and Junkers gone. Following the trail to the construction site of a half-finished building near the hospital, Tenma finds Junkers held at gunpoint. Concerned for Tenma's safety, Junkers warns him against coming closer and pleads with him to run away. Tenma refuses, and the man holding the gun is revealed to be Johan Liebert, the boy whose life Tenma saved nine years earlier. Despite Tenma's attempts to reason with him Johan shoots Junkers; telling Tenma he could never kill the man who saved his life, he walks off into the night, with Tenma too shocked to stop him.
After this incident Tenma is again suspected by the police (particularly Inspector Lunge), and he tries to find more information about Johan. He soon discovers that the boy's sister (now called Nina) is living a happy life as the adopted daughter of two caring parents; the only traces of her terrible past are a few nightmares. Tenma finds Nina on her birthday; he keeps her from Johan, but is too late to stop him from murdering her foster parents. Tenma eventually learns the origins of this monster: from the former East Germany's attempt to use a secret orphanage known as "511 Kinderheim" to create perfect soldiers through psychological reprogramming to the author of a children's book used in a eugenics experiment in Czech Republic. Tenma also learns the scope of the atrocities committed by this "monster", and vows to fix the mistake he made by saving Johan's life."

This fairy tale is also extremely important in the anime
The nameless Monster
Once upon a time, there lived a nameless monster.
The monster was dying to have a name so badly.
So the monster decided to set out on a journey to find itself a name.
But the world was such a large place.
So the monster split into two and went on to two seperate journeys.
One went to the East and the other went to the west.
The monster that went to the east found a village.
There was a blacksmith at the village entrance.
"Mr.Blacksmith, please give me your name" said the monster.
"I can't give you my name" replied the blacksmith.
"If you give me your name I will jump inside you and make you stronger in return." said the monster.
"Really? I'll give you my name if you can make me stronger.", the blacksmith told the monster.
The monster jumped inside the blacksmith.
The monster became Otto the blacksmith.
Otto the blacksmith was the strongest man in the village.
But one day he said:
"Look at me! Look at me!"
"The monster inside of me has grown this big!"
*Chomp, chomp, munch, munch, gobble, gobble, gulp*
The hungry monster ate Otto from the inside out.
The monster then went back to become a monster without a name.
Even though he jumped inside Hans the shoemaker....
He went back to being a monster without a name again.
Even though he jumped inside Thomas the hunter.....
He still went back to being a monster without a name.
The monster then went to a castle to find a wonderful name.
Inside the castle, there was a very sick boy.
"I'll make you stronger if you give me your name" said the monster
In reply, the boy told him "I'll give you my name if you can cure my illness and make me stronger."
So the monster jumped inside the boy.
The boy became very healthy.
The King was delighted.
"The prince is well! The prince is well!" said the King.
The monster became fond of the boy's name.
He also grew fond of his life inside the castle.
That's why he endured even when he became hungry.
Every day, even when his stomach became very empty, he endured.
But then he became so hungry....
"Look at me! Look at me!" said the boy.
"The monster inside of me has grown this big!"
The boy then ate his father, servants, and everyone.
Because everyone was gone....
The boy left on a journey
He walked and walked for days.....
One day the boy met the monster that went west
"I have a name" said the boy.
"It's a wonderful name."
And then the monster that went west said...
"I don't need a name."
"I'm happy even if I don't have a name."
"Because we're monsters without names"
The boy ate the monster that went west.
Even though he now had a name....
There was no one left to call him by his name.
Johan.
It is a wonderful name.

References.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monster_(manga)
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index … 204AAxfLMi

I would be a lot happier and a lot warmer with a belly full of mead.

#249 07 Apr, 2013 1:17 pm

Oh, you have watched many anime. >w<
Are you done with the English dub of Hetalia? I'm not yet done with it but I'm enjoying it.
Also, Angel Beats is short, you can watch it in two days, I guess. >w<

Color Miku Linearts
http://www.ratemydrawings.com/community … 39#p557339

I'm SaoriKlaeid9870 on deviantArt

#250 07 Apr, 2013 1:59 pm

ANIME!!!!!!!*ahem*
1.Clannad(recommended if u like sad anime) First season is introduction, second season=more interesting.
2.Kamisama Hajimemashita*****(5 stars=AWESOME)
3.Card Captor sakura
4.Inu-yasha
5.Air
6.Say I Love You*****
7.Bleach
8.POKEMON!! big_smile

#251 01 Sep, 2013 10:12 pm

I watched and finished watching The Devil is a Part Timer like a month or two ago and was too lazy to update this. And then I've mentioned or hinted at the fact that I'm hugely into Attack on Titan now owo but the episode that came out yesterday was brutal QAQ and I've read the manga too so knowing what would happen really just made it all worse.

Welp, I'll be sticking with just Shingeki no Kyojin for a while, and then I still need to catch up with Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic =w="

#252 10 Sep, 2013 12:22 am

Finally officially completed the Magi anime yesterday =w= and a new season is coming out in october.
Just one thing I do have to say about the anime. The last like 5 episodes or something are really confusing, mainly for manga readers. So many things happened in the anime that did in the manga, but at the same time it was not. Like half the stuff that was going on, I didn't remember happening but at the same time I did. Not sure if these would be considered spoilers or not but, Alibaba was never supposed to be bitten by the snake, it was supposed to be Hakuryuu at the end of the Labyrinth. And Hakuryuu got his arm chopped off way too early. I think he was just supposed to be stabbed? His arm falls off later and THEN Alibaba and Sinbad are "cursed". And the mage lady I forget her name could heal Alibaba I think, or something like that. It just really confused me. The anime went off and did it's own thing, but at the same time it didn't? To put it simply, I think this happened because the ending was rushed. It definitely felt rushed. They left out many little details. And those bad guys that attacked Sindria were supposed to attack the 4 main kids when they got outta the Labyrinth and then the generals would come to the rescue.

Aah, enough rambling for me, I need to watch the newest episode and read the newest chapter of Shingeki no Kyojin.

#253 10 Sep, 2013 9:12 am

watashi ga motenai no wa dou kangaetemo omaera ga warui (Watamote)

#254 15 Sep, 2013 6:40 am

Madoka is a good anime and only 13 episodes.tongue

Want to know a deep secret?.....*whisper* I haz cookies :3

#255 08 Oct, 2013 5:19 am

Wow oh well here it wonderful to have you click on them like oh

#256 10 Oct, 2013 10:09 am

Lovely complex.
It can make you laugh and cry and its not your ordinary cliché love story smile It has 24 episodes. Its totally worth watching big_smile

#257 13 Oct, 2013 9:20 pm

World Only God Knows
Watamote
Gatchaman Crowds
Sankarea
Blood Lad
BECK Mongolian Squad
Durarara!
Piano
Skip Beat
Law of Ueki
Maid Sama
Special A
Gakuen Alice
K Project
Karneval

I wonder why we need this thing in our comments... Hrm.... smile Check out my drawings?
[I guess I'll say that]

#258 27 Oct, 2013 5:45 pm

You've watched so many animes...! O:
I recommend Deadmand Wonderland and Fairy Tail ^^
The story from the anime Deadman Wonderland continuous with the manga (:

#259 29 Oct, 2013 2:50 pm

My Otome(Mai Zhime)
My Otome zwer (My Zhime) <--- Spin off of My Otome and is in my opinion better
Angelic Layer
Tiger & Bunny
Blood Lad
Log Horizon
Gatchaman Crowds
Love Live! School Idol Project!
Love Lab
Lovely Complex
Rave Master
Piano
Uta no Prince Sama
Legend Of Korra - Sequel to Avatar but it's easy to catch on without watching the prequel
Nana
Tokyo Ravens
Kill la Kill
My Mental Multiple Choice Power is Completely Ruining My School Romantic Comedy! [Lol I know, super long title xD]
Magi
K Project
The World Only God Knows
Watamote
Aikatsu
AKB0048!
lol That's it for now. Should Keep you busy lol

I wonder why we need this thing in our comments... Hrm.... smile Check out my drawings?
[I guess I'll say that]

#260 11 Nov, 2013 5:16 pm

Umm... KyoAni's my favorite so...
• Hyouka
• Free! Iwatobi Swim Club

And...
IDK but I love these two...
If you wanna try:
• Kimi ni Todoke
• Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun

Color Miku Linearts
http://www.ratemydrawings.com/community … 39#p557339

I'm SaoriKlaeid9870 on deviantArt

Board footer

136 online members & visitors
See who's online
Follow us on:
RateMyDrawings on FacebookRateMyDrawings on YouTube RateMyDrawings on Twitter

About RateMyDrawings Terms & Conditions Advertise on RMD Privacy Policy Donate Behavior Guide

Mixart New Media LLC. Online Art Communities
As creators of drawings, you own the rights to your own drawings. Respect copyright protected artwork.
More information in our Terms and Copyright Policy.