Forum discussions Who's online Member Birthdays
Forum Search

#21 06 Mar, 2013 3:23 am

Re: When rating drawings

Artist-KGH wrote:

This thread is amusing.

Amusing this thread is.

-... . - / -.-- --- ..- / -.-. .- -. .----. - / .-. . .- -.. / - .... .. ... .-.-.-

#22 06 Mar, 2013 6:35 am

We have this rule in my organization: 2 compliments for each criticism. It's a good way to get yourself out of hot water. Also, if you can't come up with 2 compliments - just don't say anything.

The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.

#23 06 Mar, 2013 11:58 am

happiness_Z wrote:

We have this rule in my organization: 2 compliments for each criticism. It's a good way to get yourself out of hot water. Also, if you can't come up with 2 compliments - just don't say anything.

That's a great idea!
Critique might not be the most flattering thing to hear, but its still necessary. But motivation is even more important!

#24 06 Mar, 2013 4:05 pm

Most people pick up stuff others do on here.
If you're a new user and you see other users cleaning some artists the butts you'll turn into one of them..

I only rate work when I like it, and trust me I don't like much on here.
I only rate 4 and 5 hearts because the other hearts almost got me banned.

Which is still the worst system ever.

Just say in the description of your drawing "I don't want love-comments, I want critiq/honesty"

Eitherway RMD will not change just because one person doesn't like it.

#25 06 Mar, 2013 5:29 pm

It seems contradictory to me that it says "Please rate honestly" if people get in trouble for low ratings. It doesn't make sense.

#26 07 Mar, 2013 2:07 am

This is exactly why I comment on only drawings that I deem to be good. I don't want some random person lashing out at me if I tell them how to fix something. I will give advice if they ask for it, but that's just me. The only time I've ever received criticism is when I asked for tips on one of my drawings but that was a whiiiiiiile ago.

Board footer

143 online members & visitors
See who's online
Follow us on:
RateMyDrawings on FacebookRateMyDrawings on YouTube RateMyDrawings on Twitter

About RateMyDrawings Terms & Conditions Advertise on RMD Privacy Policy Donate Behavior Guide

Mixart New Media LLC. Online Art Communities
As creators of drawings, you own the rights to your own drawings. Respect copyright protected artwork.
More information in our Terms and Copyright Policy.