Forum discussions Who's online Member Birthdays
Forum Search

#1 10 Mar, 2013 2:36 pm

what happened to this site?

This place is about as populated as MySpace. The amount of members has obviously dropped since I've last been here, I mean, it was getting bad then, but it's even worse now. (The average amount of people on drawchat at any given time now is 2!!!)  I would really like to try to help in any way that I can with trying to get new members or getting old members to be interested again.
Anyone wanna discuss this? Or am I being crazy?

#2 10 Mar, 2013 4:15 pm

Re: what happened to this site?

I keep thinking that the site will come alive again but it never seems to. I'm not even sure if the site owner comes on anymore, I mean, there hasn't been any site updates, or competitions in months, things like that help keep people interested.

It's sad watching a great site die, but what can you do really.

Last edited by sweetlove15 (10 Mar, 2013 4:16 pm)

Hakuna matata.

#3 10 Mar, 2013 6:38 pm

Weird, I just messages Mick about this yesterday.
RMD isn't abandoned at the very least otherwise, why would Mick bother keeping the website up? That would just cost him money.

-... . - / -.-- --- ..- / -.-. .- -. .----. - / .-. . .- -.. / - .... .. ... .-.-.-

#4 10 Mar, 2013 7:48 pm

The site isn't completely abandoned but it soon will be if it remains stagnant. He can at least pass some of the responsibility (like posting up new competitions) to the moderators who will be on more often than he is. I feel sorry for him if his excellent idea goes to waste at his own hands.

#5 11 Mar, 2013 1:50 am

I think Mick has been having lots of health problems lately. sad The last time before that the competitions thingy hadn't been updated in ages, he finally posted to RMD saying that he was tied up from health problems.

I guess the main thing is to be active the forums more, and make more contests guys!  I've noticed a lot of drawings keep coming through, but most people just don't be social or interact with each other.
Pixiekinz and I have been posting a lot, but nobody really chats in with us! (granted a lot of it is random, but hey! You might find it fun, and you could always start up a topic tongue)

Last edited by art_attack (11 Mar, 2013 1:56 am)

VIVA IL PAPA FRANCIS!!! :-)

Proud member of the Squirtle Squad. We're watching you,

#6 11 Mar, 2013 5:27 am

Sarru wrote:

Weird, I just messages Mick about this yesterday.
RMD isn't abandoned at the very least otherwise, why would Mick bother keeping the website up? That would just cost him money.

Did you get a response?

Hakuna matata.

#7 25 May, 2013 4:51 pm

I was wondering what had happened here. It really makes me heart broken because this is the place all of my best childhood memories happened. I remember before when you could draw in lounge, we'd have like 60 or more people just in lounge! Before room limits/ect. I remember there would at the very least be 100+ people in drawchat every day no matter what time you came on. And in the summers, it really boomed.

15 Aug 2008, that was the day I joined, and from 2008 to 2011 is when I was really active on this site. I left for I guess about 2 years, and now its 2013 and there is barely anyone to be found in DC. As stated in the first post, the average of people in DC went from 100+ to 2. That is a drastic fall and I really wish we could atleast get to about 50+, if not the glorious 100.

This community was so fun, warm, and loving. There wasn't a day I couldn't go into DC and have atleast someone know who I am. I really miss it here because this is the place I met some of my greatest friends. I hope that something can be done and more people will come back..

I feel terrible that Mick is having health problems, as many users do- so why would we let his website he loves so much crumble? Just because there isn't any new updates or official contests now doesn't mean we can't continue to be active. We can draw here, we can talk here, we have forums and Drawchat and all we are lacking at the present is our community.

Maybe people should start inviting their friends back, hold big group convos in DC and draw together. Post about RMD on random websites, show people there is still something. If you see someone you dont know in DC, try to speak to them or interact because who wants to come back to a website that was cold shouldered to them?

This place feels like a ghost town now, and it really breaks my heart to see a childhood friend going down like this.

~☆!You're like a BLACK CAT with a BLACK BACKPACK full of FIREWORKS!☆~

#8 26 May, 2013 11:40 pm

I guess it's just a reminder that nothing lasts forever.

#9 27 May, 2013 2:19 am

What is use to be may be over but we can always try and make it new again! I loved this place and It makes me sad to see how unactive it is.
I was never a big on the DC but I did go in there from time to time to draw with whoever was in there and now Ill be lucky if there are 3 (generally there is no one in there when I go in now)
I have been advertising the site on my blog (but its a pagan blog not a drawing blog) I do think I will make a drawing blog so I can advertise it more and help make this site more active.<3 I think if the remaining RMD'ers who are active helped advertise and helped Mick out this place could definitely become active again.
Also I think posting/rating and commenting on the new drawings will encourage people to draw more.

"If your going to Judge me, then what are my eyes telling you?"
-"Look at the realities but believing in the possibilities"

Board footer

156 online members & visitors
See who's online
Follow us on:
RateMyDrawings on FacebookRateMyDrawings on YouTube RateMyDrawings on Twitter

About RateMyDrawings Terms & Conditions Advertise on RMD Privacy Policy Donate Behavior Guide

Mixart New Media LLC. Online Art Communities
As creators of drawings, you own the rights to your own drawings. Respect copyright protected artwork.
More information in our Terms and Copyright Policy.