Forum discussions Who's online Member Birthdays
Forum Search

#1 30 Apr, 2013 1:59 am

Characters for a Manga

Hello! Horse here. I'm looking for about 25 characters for a manga I'm doing. The manga is as of yet unnamed, suggestions for a name are welcome. Please follow what I say, and don't feel pressured. If the deadline is too near, I can change it, just ask. ^^ If you have any questions, please tell me.

Okay, what's going on is, you can draw a character, whatever you like... Between the ages of 17 and 20. (People were submitting too many kids, I have enough.) Must be half animal, doesn't have to have animal skin, you can do that if you like. (Not fish, this isn't underwater)

I would like the layout like this;

Name:
Animal:
Height:

Here is an example of the layout

The current charcters are;
Kari - Cat - 13 - Female
Brave - Dragon - 15 - Male (DeBraveMan)
Jade - Wolf - 16 - Female (NeonLazerSparky)
Logan - Squirrel - 13 - Male(Phophococo10)
Orinoco - Snow Leopard - 12 - Female (Yuki-Sohma)
Serina - Chameleon - 16 - Female (OneLeftStanding)
Leah - Tabby Cat - 12 - Female (Yuukii.x3)
Kyle - Sheep - 17 - Male (Sadik)
Gordon - Fox - 19 - Male (Jordan)
Sylar - Fox - 19 - Male (Tyler)
Hannah - Lion - 16 - Female
Raius - Sabertooth Tiger - 16 - Male (Haizal)
Aron - Wolf - 18 - Male ( Ryan)
Caitlin - Bear - 14 - Female (Spirted Away)
William - Rabbit - 16 - Male (Pippalover97)
Talon - Bald Eagle - 20 - Male (Greenly)

(Gordon and Sylar are twins in manga and IRL.)

You can draw a picture of them in animal form/human form however many times you like.
PLEASE draw them with pants or whatever they wear. They have legs, yaknow and the legs WILL be seen in the manga. Sorry, the example doesn't have a bottom, I didn't think about it.
Give a brief description so that I can draw their emotions. If you don't do this, you'll be given a second chance, if you don't then, your character will not be added.
I have examples if you need, but that's all... Deadline is July 1st. ^^

Last edited by horse_lover (04 May, 2013 4:09 am)

Nothing could be finer than to be in Carolina in the morning.

#2 01 May, 2013 9:56 pm

Re: Characters for a Manga

I'll do it ^u^

"I'm gonna die alone. Adolescence didn't make sense. A little loss of innocence, The ugly years of being a fool.. Ain't youth meant to be beautiful?"

#3 02 May, 2013 12:15 am

Yay!

#4 02 May, 2013 8:52 pm

here it is big_smile
Name: Caitlin
Animal: Beaaar
o3o

"I'm gonna die alone. Adolescence didn't make sense. A little loss of innocence, The ugly years of being a fool.. Ain't youth meant to be beautiful?"

#5 02 May, 2013 9:01 pm

Awesome! Thanks! What type of personality does she have?

#6 02 May, 2013 9:28 pm

horse_lover wrote:

Awesome! Thanks! What type of personality does she have?

Hmm i guess shy? ouo

#7 03 May, 2013 2:47 pm

I'll think I'll try o3o

OUO

#8 03 May, 2013 6:03 pm

Hooray!

#9 03 May, 2013 8:49 pm

I have a drawing, it has no colour but I can tell you the colours of the hair and eyes. you can change the clothes if you want to and change it (so that it looks normal) big_smile

Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown
Name: William (do you want a surname?)
Animal: Rabbit

Description: Shy, quiet, wants a normal life, want no surprises in life, quite negative in ways.

http://www.ratemydrawings.com/drawings/ … l/123.html

I hope you will like to use my drawing, please tell me if you are going to use it. smile

Loading information ...

#10 04 May, 2013 1:52 am

pippalover97 wrote:

I have a drawing, it has no colour but I can tell you the colours of the hair and eyes. you can change the clothes if you want to and change it (so that it looks normal) big_smile

Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown
Name: William (do you want a surname?)
Animal: Rabbit

Description: Shy, quiet, wants a normal life, want no surprises in life, quite negative in ways.

http://www.ratemydrawings.com/drawings/ … l/123.html

I hope you will like to use my drawing, please tell me if you are going to use it. smile

http://www.ratemydrawings.com/drawings/ … 20764.html This is your link, the other one didn't work.

I will use him, sure! ^^ You can make a surname if you want, I'm only implementing him into my story, you make him.

#11 04 May, 2013 4:10 am

greenly wrote:

So I had this idea for your manga... problem is I've never tried this style before and I completely suck at it. lol. But I thought the idea might work, that is, if you redraw it. Sorry I didn't draw legs/pants or all of the wings. I just now read that part.
Male-Bald Eagle
Name-Talon
Age-20
Traits- strong, tough guy,serious, stern, intelligent, a natural born leader

Very nice! I'll redraw it full body. How tall is he and what sort of bottoms does he wear?

#12 04 May, 2013 6:40 pm

greenly wrote:

hmm.. I'm thinking black pants, or maybe brown to match the wings (your choice), and you can change his shirt if u'd like. I just made it golden to go with his eagle eyes. I also think he should be fairly tall (6 ft?, with huge wing span), and a little more muscular than I drew him. You can also shorten his hair if you want, so he doesn't look like he's in an 80's Hair Band. lol  I have no idea how to draw mana, and I suck at line art in general, I just wanted to share my idea. It's obvious now, why I stick with landscapes and abstracts. smile I can't wait to see your version! WiIll u be posting it here (on rmd)? :~)

I will be posting it here. I'll do a version on RMD to see if you like it, and if you do I'll draw him IRL. My real drawings will probably be posted to my deviantART though.

#13 04 May, 2013 8:33 pm

Thanks! I know I'll love it.. can't get any worse that it is now. lol Looking forward to seeing what he will look like as a true manga character. smile

#14 06 May, 2013 11:29 am

mind if i join? :3

#15 06 May, 2013 6:45 pm

Not at all!

#16 24 Aug, 2013 7:42 pm

Is it too late for me to join? :3

EVERY DEAD BODY THAT IS NOT EXTERMINATED, GETS UP AND KILLS, THE PEOPLE IT KILLS GET UP AND KILLS. (Gorillaz Clint Eastwood) Learn it, Live it, Love it~ >w>

Board footer

218 online members & visitors
See who's online
Follow us on:
RateMyDrawings on FacebookRateMyDrawings on YouTube RateMyDrawings on Twitter

About RateMyDrawings Terms & Conditions Advertise on RMD Privacy Policy Donate Behavior Guide

Mixart New Media LLC. Online Art Communities
As creators of drawings, you own the rights to your own drawings. Respect copyright protected artwork.
More information in our Terms and Copyright Policy.