Forum discussions Who's online Member Birthdays
Forum Search

#1 16 Jan, 2014 1:51 am

Can no longer use java as a result of a security problem!

Hey everybody out there in RMD land! I'm Caballita 33!

I HAVE A PROBLEM!   I HAVE SEVERAL UNFINISHED PIECES AND CAN'T GET JAVA TO WORK! PLEASE HELP!!!!!

The message say's cannot use app  as a result of my security settings. I lowered java to dangerous level but that didn't work. Then I took site adviser off my browser...I'm afraid to much else. I don't understand, it warned this would happen if I updated, so I put it off...... then suddenly it stopped anyway so I tried updating no change!  I'm stuck!

I sure hope some tech out there can help me get back on the site with Java and not loose my unfinished work. I've been working on one of them for a month (I'm ashamed to admit)

Has anybody else had this problem? If so please tell me how you fixed it.

Thanks to all who try to help or read this plea!

Last edited by caballita33 (16 Jan, 2014 1:53 am)

Hope u c things that startle u, hope u feel things u never felt before, hope u meet people with a different point of view, hope u live a life  ur proud of,and if u find that your not I hope u have the strength to start again.

#2 16 Jan, 2014 5:17 am

Re: Can no longer use java as a result of a security problem!

IM HAVING THE SAME EXACT ISSUE!!!! and no mine didnt get fixed...sad i think it has to be fixed within the site hmm

#3 16 Jan, 2014 2:53 pm

Do you think it has to do with the upgrades they speak of? Do  you have any reason why you think this? Also did you get the warning's?
My thought is it has to do with Java which also means either Java or RMD must fix it, do you or any one else agree?

Hope u c things that startle u, hope u feel things u never felt before, hope u meet people with a different point of view, hope u live a life  ur proud of,and if u find that your not I hope u have the strength to start again.

#4 16 Jan, 2014 3:57 pm

mines messed up too I miss drawing on java please if anyone knows how to fix this please tell us

thank you   stay  cool have a great day :cool

#5 16 Jan, 2014 4:26 pm

I figured out what to do.

For Windows 7 users:

Go to your Start menu.
Seach: "Java Control" click on what comes up.
When it opens, go to security.
Once under security, you should see Exception Site List.
Click "Edit site list" and then hit "Add".
Then proceed to copy paste this url: http://www.ratemydrawings.com/ into the box.
Click OK. A box will pop up. Click continue.
After that, you may go into JavaDraw and it will pop up a box asking if you want to run Java for the site. Click run, and then you can draw.

I hope the instructions weren't too confusing.

(I posted this on the other forum too but I wanted to make sure everyone having this problem saw this. I hope it works for you all, too)

"You have heart."

#6 16 Jan, 2014 5:06 pm

It seems however Tablet pressure sensitivity no longer works and I cannot find a way to fix it. Bummer. hmm

"You have heart."

#7 17 Jan, 2014 2:51 pm

thank u fudge muffin that fixed mine

thank you   stay  cool have a great day :cool

#8 21 Jan, 2014 2:54 am

Thanks so much fudge muffin! I haven't tried it yet but but trust Sistercool and yourself have had good results. Did you get a message saying," http sites are security risk and should not be used"?  If so does anyone out there believe this is very important? I have Mcafee though I 've never found a suitable answer to the question "Do virus programs truly help?". I'm already having so much trouble with my warranty on my very expensive computer, I'd hate to have another issue.

Caballita33

#9 22 Jan, 2014 2:37 am

Tried it, worked perfectly, thanks so much to Fudgemuffin!

Caballita 33

#10 27 Jan, 2014 10:14 pm

Omg it's such a bad decision from Oracle, actually signing application is such a pain, and for opensource and no longer developed application that is impossible-to-pass obstacle.

FudgeMuffin wrote:

It seems however Tablet pressure sensitivity no longer works and I cannot find a way to fix it. Bummer. hmm

For me JTablet works, but I'm using JTablet2 (1.2.5 beta) though, maybe it matters.

There is no land but the land...
There is no sea but the sea...
There is no keeper but the key,
Except for those who seize possibilities!!!

#11 03 Apr, 2014 9:40 pm

I've added url's after url's In the edit box in the Java exception box but, the latest  edition of Java on my 64 bit computer will not allow it to work. I'm told by Java the site monitors have to do something from within for the new Java to ever work.  I've written and asked them to do this however I'm sure it's much easier said than done. Meanwhile I've searched the web for another site to use but none out of many have the control or tools I need like Java here. I'll wait if nobody has any other solution. Fudge muffins way worked until I got this new computer and the newest edition of Java. DON'T UPDATE JAVA UNTIL THE MONITORS MAKE AN ANNOUNCEMENT  Is all I can say. or it may nbe the 64 bit which I don't understand yet.

#12 13 Apr, 2014 3:19 am

I have had issues on security warnings. I wrote to Mick about it, but never got an answer, then I took my computer to an apple store where I bought it. They told me not worry about it, once Java has an update, maybe it will be changed. Then I had a problem to publish my drawings, now I have Firefox instead of Safari as a browser. I know how you feel, all these problems started after I got a new computer.

#13 13 Apr, 2014 3:48 pm

Thanks tytto, I guess we'll just have to wait. Too bad! Maybe Mick will help us soon. I guess he's busy or realizes another update will fix it.
Lisa

Last edited by caballita33 (13 Apr, 2014 9:52 pm)

Board footer

131 online members & visitors
See who's online
Follow us on:
RateMyDrawings on FacebookRateMyDrawings on YouTube RateMyDrawings on Twitter

About RateMyDrawings Terms & Conditions Advertise on RMD Privacy Policy Donate Behavior Guide

Mixart New Media LLC. Online Art Communities
As creators of drawings, you own the rights to your own drawings. Respect copyright protected artwork.
More information in our Terms and Copyright Policy.