A friendly community is a happy community
Be nice to us and to one another - it's that simple.
The following guide is here to help us maintain one of the goals of our community, which is to provide an environment where people feel safe, welcome, and free from abusive, disruptive or inappropriate behavior. We hope to provide members with an ability to express themselves and express their creativity while maintaining a respect for our community. Our website Terms and Conditions should be referenced for our official Code of Conduct.
As a guide, aim to keep your content PG-13 rated.
Inappropriate content is outlined in our Terms and Conditions. As a general guide, when we are deciding what we consider inappropriate we often refer to the PG-13 guide used by the Motion Picture Association but use our own judgment as it relates to art rather than motion picture. We do our best to make judgment calls based on what we consider inappropriate, and many times to ensure we are maintaining a safe community, we may be over conservative in our judgment. We hope you understand our need to protect both our visitors, members, and ourselves. Owners or website moderators may flag and delete any content as inappropriate if it is not in the best interest of members of the community. Certain content can lead to disruptive or aggressive behavior due to the sensitive nature of topics including but not limited to sexuality, religion, race, or content that may be inappropriate for younger members. Members that repeatedly post inappropriate content or show disrespect for behavior guidelines may have their account or site access removed without warning.
Be friendly in any content you submit to our site
Be friendly and think before you submit content.
Any content, whether it is drawings, comments, forums, profile comments, profile information, chat text, or any other user generated content should be reasonably friendly and not aggressive, abusive, racist, or lead towards cyber bulling. Read about Cyber Bullying here. We believe in people's right to free speech, but anyone found breaking our Code of Conduct, may have their content removed or account banned or removed.
Please consider these rules when posting in the forums.
The following is a guide to help keep our forums of most value. Excessive forum abuse may be considered a breach of our Code of Conduct. Topics or posts may be removed that do not meet these rules and abusers can be banned.
- Stay on topic (within reason).
- Try not to duplicate recent topics (search to see if a topic was recently posted on your subject)
- Do not flood, spam, advertise, or post inappropriate links
- Do not post any requests that beg for ratings, favoriting or any similar content that promotes an unfair advantage to user or drawing rankings and ratings
- Only advertise other websites if they are on-topic and appropriate (violators may be banned). When following forum links, visit at your own risk.
- Do no imitate other members or moderators
- Do not discuss any illegal or inappropriate content
- Do not cyber bully
It's more rewarding to draw with effort.
On various parts of our website, artists are given the ability to express themselves and submit artwork. In our goal to sustain a level of quality that keeps our website of value to the community, we may remove any artwork that suggests that little effort was made. Flagging artwork as "no effort" is at the discretion of site administrators, moderators or staff. We are not removing your artwork to prevent you from creating, but we politely ask that you honestly put effort into your artwork and use this as an opportunity to improve as an artist.
Chat rooms are live content. Rules may be strictly enforced, and offenders banned as necessary. Parents and non-adults should be aware of the nature of participating in live chat.
DrawChat is a live chat room. As with all parts of our website, DrawChat is bound to our website Terms & Conditions.
Like all live chat rooms, you will be exposed to instant content by other users that has minimal filtering. Like all internet chat rooms we recommend all users take caution and use their own discretion to decide if participating in a chatroom is suitable to them. Our chat rooms may be silently monitored by moderators or members may have permission to enforce chat room rules which include temporary or permanent bans. As a guide:
- No Scribbling/drawing over other user's drawings or inappropriate content.
- No swearing or offensive chat
- No harassing other users or moderators
- If chat discussions are borderline inappropriate, whether by inappropriate language or just subjects of discussion not suitable for our members as deemed by moderators, a user can be kicked or banned.
- Moderators have the final say on what is appropriate or not and can ban without supplying justification. By using DrawChat you agree to these conditions. If you remain friendly, enjoy the chatrooms and maintain mature appropriate conversations then you will enjoy DrawChat and have no problems.