Tips and Tuts for how to simply draw, maybe like the pros, or just to get a better glance on what you're doing wrong >:D
1. How to Zoom A Draw
This effect helps stop the annoying annoyence of "Bad Thumbs". These are a selection of pwnsome drawings by antenean. In a lot of her drawings she uses the zoom technique.
How to do it:
1. Decide which part you will zoom in on
2. Click Save Drawing to Website
3. Using the zoom tool, quickly focous (using the scroll bars) on the part you want to be seen as the thumb.
Warning: Doesn't work on Java - Only RMD
2. How to Make a Dress up Game
I first had the idea to do one a while back and soon wanted to do a tut about it but was beaten to it. Lol. I first made a chibi template where you drag on the parts.
1. Just draw the model (probably in underwear or something "revealing" so it can't be seen under the clothes)
2. Drawing clothes, accessories, hair, eyes, etc. Make sure they're on DIFFERENT LAYERS! (Very important!) and name the layers.
3. Make sure nothing has gone out of the screen or it will be deleted!
4. Save the file to your computer if you are willing to make a comp out of it, or send it to others.
5. Once saved you can submit to the site and enjoy :)
How to dress one once received:
1. Select the layer (which should be clearly labeled)
2. Select the drag tool and use it to drag the item onto the model
3. Add any finishing touches and voila!
Warning: Only works on Java
3. How to sketch invisibly
I get annoyed sometimes either when I have to erase my sketchings and end up ruining the pic in the process and also by the fact that it goes through the pic D:
1. Sketch your sketch and save the colour used by clicking "Save Colour"
2. Continue your draw - if using opacity change make sure you keep checking your pic with the saved colour's bg that it's ok.
3. Erase any mistakes with the saved colour
4. Once finished use the saved colour to change the canvas colour
Warning: Can be used in Java although there's not much of a point thanks to layers.
4. How to create Abstracts
Ever wondered how to do it the Allstar way or search for an original view of RMD Abstract art? Here's how:
1. For a back ground fill in a nice bold colour - not too light, and create a new layer underneath that is a lighter/different colour
2. Use the Soft Eraser tool to create a faded in effect on the top layer.
1. Do some lineart with any colour and focous on the neatness and shape rather than colour.
2. Lock the alpha layer and use different tools and colours over the lines to make them different and effective. Try changing the opacity and experiment a little!
5. Abstracts II
Want to do some patterns to complete the pic or background for any type of drawing? Here's how:
1. Click View, Palettes, Show Textures, to bring up all the textures and patterns
2. Experiment a little with the different tools and opacity changes - fill doesn't work.
3. Try not to go over the top and make it a nice additive to your drawing.
Warning - Only for Java
6. How to draw Straight lines using tools other than the line tool
Annoying huh? Especially when you need a straight line that blends in without having to change the opacity.
1. Click near the edge of the screen
2. Hold on, go out of the canvas and around
3. Go back onto the canvas wherever you want the line to be
Warning: Only RMD Drawing Tool
7. Rainbow Drawings
Just do it a bit neater than mine and you'll be fine ... xD
Hey I'ma poet and I' di'n't know it!
1. Just use the airbrush or Line/pencil tool at low opacity to create any style rainbow/pattern you like
2. Use the white and fill/pencil tool to draw your creation
3. Fill in any gaps/edit any parts and hopefully you'll get a nice result... Unlike mine...
8. How to draw a Chibi
Seems simple, huh?
1. Draw a circle
2. Draw a line halfway
3. Draw a line quarter way
4. Draw another line the same width
5. Draw a line down the middle
6. Draw 3 lines with the top and 2nd line for the eyes
7. Draw the head shape
8. Draw on the eyes mouth and (poss.) nose
9. Add any other details and colour in :)
Thanks for watching :)