I will show you how to colour on photoshop step-by-step :D Any other programs works fine ^^ If you have questions you can always PM me :D
- Open your sketch :)
- Make a copy of 'backgound' layer and name it 'sketch' and delete the old one.
- If you are a scanner person make sure to play with levels (Ctrl+L) So youll get best quality.
- Change the opacity, around 40-70% and hue (Ctrl+U) Like i chosed light pink :)
Now it should more look like this..
<---- There :D
Proceed to the next steppie!
- Make a new layer and name it 'Lineart'.
- Make sure ur brushes hardness is 100% and spacing is 1% so its the best quality :D
After this ull get something in my left
- Hide ur sketch layer (or delete if u like)
- Make your lineart layer to multiply.
- Make a new layer below ur 'lineart' and name it 'background' (Try to use colour u will not need during ur pic)
Now u will have something like in the pic :D
- Make new layer and name it 'skin'
- Pick nice colour and start slop colours in.
- It doesnt matter what colour u pick we can always change it. Also use the normal brush, since this doesnt need any special brushes.
- Do the colour and the shadow to the same layer, so its easier.
- Continue doing this until all colour are in.
- When ur done with colours, start cleaning it a bit.
- When ur done with cleaning, it should be something like in the pic.
- Like u see i changed the colour of his hair, u can do so too by changing the hue (Ctrl+U)
- If in this part ur not happy with the drawin, redo it now :)
- Oh the blue 'background' layer, if u want u can draw an nice background for ur pic, do it to the blue layer ^^
Well i decited to hide the blue layer, since im lazy to do the background -.-
Ur DONE! >.<
If u got questions, feel free to PM me :D