Forum discussions Who's online Member Birthdays
Forum Search

#41 10 Oct, 2014 12:40 am

Re: What can we do to liven the site up like it used to be?

i do agree with vis we should start from ourselves try to come everyday even for a few minutes.

vis_in_vis wrote:

the way to Do something is to ACT, not talk only smile so i m 100% positive that If more than one person wants, can change things around , so if someone wants to just draw and be quiet it s absolutely great , but who wants things to happen should start make them happen . Posting ideas is nothing if you won t start doing what you think smile
for example i draw here since 2012 almost 2013 , first thing that impressed me was how many people were so nice  and i liked it , i was nice too cause that felt good , not to have more comments or likes , and i still feel good here , if i want to draw on dc i just go there and poeple will come , the only thing that is REALLY missing is an app , the rest can be done by users smile live is when people live..not when they just sit around
just my thought on things smile sorry for the mistakes and all , have fun !

Last edited by ammona (10 Oct, 2014 12:41 am)

#42 16 Oct, 2014 10:47 pm

I really miss this website.
I used come on here all the time. I remember a time when 50+ used to go on Drawchat.
It's so sad to not see my old friends anymore.

#43 18 Oct, 2014 12:55 am

Everytime I try to write a post for this thread, I end up deleting it at 1/3rd and then do something else.

My focus is **** :v

#44 20 Oct, 2014 2:20 am

I know that I [unintentionally!] took a break from RMD that lasted much longer than I thought it would. I just ran out of creative ideas. 

I think that if there were more competitions, not even for prizes, it would attract users back.  Even if every month there was a topic we were encouraged to draw about, it might provide some inspiration.

I also think there should be more advertising. How about sending a monthy Newsletter to all users, just advertising some drawings from the month and new updates/changes? I would like that.

'The marks humans leave are too often scars'

#45 22 Oct, 2014 2:52 pm

Aww, (slightly off-topic, but since you brought it up) Doodlebug shut down? I started there too. I have to admit I forgot all about it, but I'm still sad to hear it no longer exists. That was home for some fantastic artists too...

Dommos wrote:

About a year ago, a site I used to draw on, before I came to RMD, got shut down due to decreasing number of active members. It was called doodlebug, and it was a small community of people who used a tool similar to the flash tool, to create black & white drawings. I don't really want to see the same thing happen to RMD.

Last edited by SunnySara (22 Oct, 2014 2:53 pm)

~SunnySara~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The greater the artist, the greater the doubt. Perfect confidence is granted to the less talented as a consolation prize." --- Robert Hughes

#46 31 Oct, 2014 3:47 pm

evacat wrote:

I guess it just goes together. Less people are coming because there's less publicity because less people are coming; an unending cycle. I now use DeviantART just because it's easier to upload and I feel it's a better place to grow now than here. Like most people said, RMD was my starting place as well, the place where I first used a mouse to draw a picture, and it was great. But these tools are now hindering everybody's art, being especially restricting in the fact that you may only use those tools. It's sad to see this site dying out, but I don't think I've posted anything in three years maybe? Tumblr is also a growing community for artists to display their work, and because those sites are better known, more people will flock to them. Yes, some people don't know what DeviantART is if you ask just anyone, but EVERY digital artist has heard of that site whereas RateMyDrawings.... eh not so much.
I'll probably post something soon, however it won't be as high of a quality as it is on other art sites simply because I can no longer use my own applications, but rather those of the website.
Good luck saving this site guys.
I'll probably write again.

You gotta have hope! I mean, I know what you mean, but I think you actually gave some great ideas without knowing it. I think if there were somewhere to post non RMD drawings, more people would be interested. That, and, if DrawChat had more options than just flash (I love flash, but I think more options would be nice in the future and keep everyone's interest). I don't know if Mick would want this site to get popular, though. That would probably get annoying to manage after a while. I know I would hate it if I were him. Maybe a little art community isn't so bad the way it is.

#47 01 Nov, 2014 3:15 am

mick wrote:

I hear most folks say that they don't come as often because the people they used to hang with on here don't come on as often also. Does that means if all your friends came that you would all come too? What does it take to invite everyone to come back and draw and hang out in drawchat?

Maybe we need an official reunion or something. If you all think of some cool ideas, let me know and I will see what I can do to help.

It would be much appreciated if Drawchats could be reviewed and accepted a lot quicker than the wait time that now is about a month.

#48 05 Nov, 2014 1:00 pm

I propose a site and (slight) image overhaul:.
www.ratemyart.com pitch

You want to make art and want to expose it, don't you? That's what you make art for! To show it to the world. But it becomes a lot harder if you have no tools to work with or your computer isn't high end. Your worries are over! Come join www.ratemyart.com for free!

We offer you some fine tools with low system requirements with which you can create art for free. You will definitely find a tool you'll like. From beginner tools to advanced tools. You can make animations (rma tool) or drawings (rmd tools). Everybody makes their art with the tools on the website, so there's no advantage of who has the best software!

With our rating system, you can give encouragement to the artist. Either you can please them with a perfect score or motivate them to work harder with a score just below perfection. Or you can be really strict and really make them work hard for a high score. It's all up to you.

One of the ways artists improve is simply by having fun, and www,ratemyart.com offers plenty of it with a warm community and lively forums. You can exchange drawing files for collaborations or feedback. Other than that, artists can always receive feedback through comments(plz) or look up tutorials made by the users themselves. There are plenty of ways to improve.

Alongside all those services, we also host a monthly drawing contest where users can win magnificent prices. People from all ages and all skill levels can join and we choose the art carefully. Here are some winners of the past 3 months competitions (and you show winning art of different skill levels to encourage participation in the community and competitions).

If you're an ambitious artist and want to be the very best, then draw as best as you can and advance in ranks.

All in all, www.ratemyart.com offers a beginner friendly and advanced artist experience!

Do not join deviantart! Join us instead!

the last two sentences will be the slogan and pay off :'D

#49 05 Dec, 2014 2:44 pm

amirite?

#50 06 Dec, 2014 12:53 am

Yes

Know when the time is right on...Time.

#51 11 Dec, 2014 4:40 pm

@ red*rogue Thats awesome big_smile.                                         

I had a thought.....  Is it possible to lower the rating and let the kids (under 13) back on? When I first joined a good portion of the population on this site were 12,11 year olds. Also being a teenager I had an agreement with my parents to be careful about joining art sites that had  a 13 and up policy. I and/or my sisters most likely wouldn't have became  memders. hmm Already being an mostly clean, teen friendly site, lowering the rating might encouraged familys, kids and young teens to join and bring some fresh life back to the site. Just a thought.

#52 11 Dec, 2014 9:31 pm

joyful_violet wrote:

I had a thought.....  Is it possible to lower the rating and let the kids (under 13) back on? When I first joined a good portion of the population on this site were 12,11 year olds. Also being a teenager I had an agreement with my parents to be careful about joining art sites that had  a 13 and up policy. I and/or my sisters most likely wouldn't have became  memders. hmm Already being an mostly clean, teen friendly site, lowering the rating might encouraged familys, kids and young teens to join and bring some fresh life back to the site. Just a thought.

I believe they already did that when majority of older users left. And now, you have nor those kids nor the adults

Last edited by GiganT09011994 (11 Dec, 2014 9:32 pm)

HEYEAYEAYEYA

#53 12 Dec, 2014 5:58 am

I've been posting on as many social media sites as I can. Maybe we should give out flyers? Hang posters around? Haha I miss RMD being a big community, makes me kinda sad.

hello

#54 15 Dec, 2014 8:14 am

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/56/563a1f62f91d6fe0d11e03bd390cc66f538aae29ebadb44a9d27ca4ac8e48a3f.jpg

(jk)

#55 18 Dec, 2014 2:03 pm

#56 22 Dec, 2014 1:44 pm

i would like to see more fokus on drawchat.
drawchat became to lame for me, it should be full screen like the pictures shown here. and the option for new ppl to enter some room (i know that many of them were destroing otgers art thats why some extra rooms should be there for These guys). the layout should change those miving around is disturbing for me.

#57 24 Dec, 2014 5:16 am

joyful_violet wrote:

My sister introduced me to this site when she was like....8

There isn't really much of a reason to keep it so members can only be 13+ given how family friendly of a community RMD is

- I mean I can see concern for younger kids giving out personal information, but I dont know maybe there should be limits and restrictions for what information is publicly available from younger members to counter that problem?

Yeah I remember I joined at 14/15 and there were kids 11/12 from different parts of the world drawing better than I was (or at least picked up on learning the tools here real well lol)

^-^~Fate determines who enters your life
Your actions decide who stays~^-^
O.o You are what you are
(and) You are what you eat o.O

#58 25 Dec, 2014 3:10 pm

http://www.jcithoe.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Merry-Christmas-Images-4.jpg

#59 30 Dec, 2014 1:22 am

just a quick input from me.

first of all, Merry Late Christmas! and a future happy new year!

I'm not active at all. I suppose I grew out of RMD. and I'm 22. I check back very rarely.

I tried to come back earlier this year, but that didn't last mostly because I decided to produce all of my art on high res canvases in order to improve my art and RMD can't provide me with the tools for my goal. (And also just that I got too busy to draw for fun on RMD anymore.)

So I agree with the letting younger kids be here. this is definitely a lot more children friendly then a lot of other art sites. children with lots of free time would love free drawing software that is easy to use. As they get older, they'll purchase other offline programs to use.

but regardless, I'd love to see RMD stick around. good luck!

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't Complain."
                                                                                                             - Maya Angelou

#60 14 Jan, 2015 1:13 pm

I Love Rate My Drawing. This website was what encouraged me to draw more. I've been here for a VERY long time, and I can see that RMD is starting to die out. I remember the good old days when DrawChat wasn't even out yet. RMD was still a beautiful place. Im still VERY active. I just dont submit drawings much anymore because halfway through drawing them, I decide that it looks horrible then I don't submit it. But I am still on like 1-4 times a week, and maybe even on ALL week. The down side is that I work 3rd shift so I can barley get on (im 20-turning 21 this Feb). Like the last person who posted, I am old...BUT i didn't Abandon RMD. I will always be a RMD Fan. LONG LIVE RMD!!!!! (2006 gen rmd member YEAH)

Last edited by touzkue (14 Jan, 2015 1:15 pm)

Forever, in Could Strife, I will live!
-Sephiroth-

Board footer

282 online members & visitors
See who's online
Follow us on:
RateMyDrawings on FacebookRateMyDrawings on YouTube RateMyDrawings on Twitter

About RateMyDrawings Terms & Conditions Advertise on RMD Privacy Policy Donate Behavior Guide

Mixart New Media LLC. Online Art Communities
As creators of drawings, you own the rights to your own drawings. Respect copyright protected artwork.
More information in our Terms and Copyright Policy.