Forum discussions Who's online Member Birthdays
Forum Search

#1 29 Oct, 2014 1:50 pm

Hello! (Also help!)

Hi, I'm Visionoah. I had an old account back when I was 12-14 called thekidd. I've just recently got back on and the main thing that has changed is the new drawing tools. Used to only have the flash draw when I joined:) but now I see there is a java and canvas. I have 6 drawings so far and all done on the canvas. I haven't tried the java. I have to update mine or something because it won't run. Is the canvas and java all that different? What are the differences if so. I just want to know if the layer itself has a different effect on the ink or if the tools are different. Anywho, a little about me, I'm 21 now, graduated hs in 2012. I'm a Capricorn. I have been drawing seriously since the age of 5. I really enjoyed drawing cartoons and later on manga. Dbz was a huge inspiration to this. Later on I've gotten INTo all forms of artwork. I now do realism and surrealism and I still draw manga! I'm working on a graphic novel in fact or manga. Drawings for those in the upcoming future! smile

We're engineered to thrive

#2 30 Oct, 2014 3:23 am

Re: Hello! (Also help!)

Hey! Welcome baack! So glad to have more people come back big_smile

And well, maybe you can get an idea for how the tools in java work through this video I made: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qy54VBV5flk I hope it helps.

- Your gallery looks amazing! I love your use of colours O:!
- I also joined RMD in 2007.
- Hello Capricorn, I am Scorpio.
- Grats on seriously committing to art for 16 years!
- I hope you the best of luck on your graphic novel.

Last edited by alythefab (30 Oct, 2014 3:23 am)

"An artist cannot fail; it is a success to be one."
~ Charles Horton Cooley

Board footer

264 online members & visitors
See who's online
Follow us on:
RateMyDrawings on FacebookRateMyDrawings on YouTube RateMyDrawings on Twitter

About RateMyDrawings Terms & Conditions Advertise on RMD Privacy Policy Donate Behavior Guide

Mixart New Media LLC. Online Art Communities
As creators of drawings, you own the rights to your own drawings. Respect copyright protected artwork.
More information in our Terms and Copyright Policy.