Forum discussions Who's online Member Birthdays
Check out our new RMD Facebook Group.
Forum Search

#1 13 Aug, 2015 3:47 pm

no religion allowed

is PG system not used anymore ? this site is full of nudity lately
anyway my suggestion is NO religious drawings allowed - or  under mature content 
i can t imagine anything that can and does divide  more  .
and i m not talking about faith and hope and whatever , if i can t draw blood and gore and stuff why religious people are allowed to draw torture instruments and objects that are used for mind and speech opression ? 
i really don t care who does not agree with this.. is just my idea for moderators/ admin
smile have a great evening

#2 13 Aug, 2015 5:32 pm

Re: no religion allowed

i cant tell what kind of drawings are you talking about, can you link us an example of it?

HEYEAYEAYEYA

#3 13 Aug, 2015 8:17 pm

Yeah, I'd also like to see an example of these torture instruments.

I do agree, that nudity AND blood seem to be accepted nowadays.I think that there just aren't any moderators online to make sure that rules are being followed...HINT HINT

#4 13 Aug, 2015 8:20 pm

Is the site full of nudity? I haven't noticed. Why is this a bad thing?

Since there's no apparent crackdown on the things you want to draw, I'm not sure why you're trying to go out of your way to limit what others should be allowed to draw here.

But then, I'm not sure of a lot of things in your post because you've done a less than stellar job of articulating your proposition.

Last edited by Forte (13 Aug, 2015 8:26 pm)

You see, one loves the sunset when one is so sad.

#5 13 Aug, 2015 8:23 pm

It isn't a bad thing but since RMD is a "family friendly" site, it's not a safe subject or something.

There have been a few drawings in the top drawings that would've been deleted or at the very least flagged a few years ago.

#6 14 Aug, 2015 6:15 am

Certain content can lead to disruptive or aggressive behavior due to the sensitive nature of topics including but not limited to sexuality, religion, race, or content that may be inappropriate for younger members - quote from TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE

I m not discriminating any specific religion  so i won t name  drawings cause this is totally not the point .
For someone who don t want to see anything religion related , the fact that there is no  choice about seeing this subject or not is creating discomfort.
Same about nudity . this topic is not about what is natural , good or bad , artistic or not , is about the fact that being on a family friendly site you expect to have the right to at least have a choice to make .

If we could set the ratings to mature content after we draw something this would be problem solved so THIS is why i made the post.

But then, I'm not sure of a lot of things in your post because you've done a less than stellar job of articulating your proposition.

like i said this post is for mods/admin not for some troll(s) need to make fun of the way people are talking.

btw..try to read this before answering back
http://www.ratemydrawings.com/pages/behavior.php
to make it easier..
- Stay on topic (within reason).
- Do not cyber bully

#7 14 Aug, 2015 9:50 am

vis_in_vis wrote:

like i said this post is for mods/admin not for some troll(s) need to make fun of the way people are talking.

btw..try to read this before answering back
http://www.ratemydrawings.com/pages/behavior.php
to make it easier..
- Stay on topic (within reason).
- Do not cyber bully

I wasn't making fun of you. If I wanted to do that, I wouldn't be subtle about it.
Reality is, your original post is incoherent. I can't follow it without making assumptions on your behalf. I don't know how else to put it.

You see, one loves the sunset when one is so sad.

#8 14 Aug, 2015 6:21 pm

why religious people are allowed to draw torture instruments and objects that are used for mind and speech opression ?

qoui?

Torture, mind and speech oppression aren't restricted to religion.

#9 14 Aug, 2015 11:00 pm

i still dunno whatre you talking about lol i dont think ive ever seen a religion based drawing here except a few jesus drawings

HEYEAYEAYEYA

#10 14 Aug, 2015 11:23 pm

I did one religious drawing and no one was upset about it, it was a peaceful drawing of the three crosses. If you try to bend the rules to your will, you will cause people to look away from the website. We want people to have freedom and fun while drawing. I understand there are rules involved, and I try my best to enforce and obey them. But trying to keep people from drawing a specific thing because YOU don't like it, is like trying to stop people from talking. If you have a specific problem with this website, leave it, no one is forcing you to stay here if you don't like the content. We are trying to save this website, and what you are doing is turning people away.

We need to keep this website alive and kicking... and every artist must do their part to make sure this website lives to see another day.

Do your part. Don't enforce ridiculous rules because you don't like something.

The Art of Chaos = The Chaos of Art

#11 15 Aug, 2015 4:44 am

We need to keep this website alive and kicking... and every artist must do their part to make sure this website lives to see another day.

but ,nirvana ,the website looks so alive smile)200 views in less than 1-2 days and so many replays  , people are in always in a hurry to say no when they even don t understand what and why other said something.
you all should go to drawings maybe, to express this wish to keep RMD alive by commenting , liking . etc  . not only in forums , but i ve said it too many times.

if i am disturbed by something i have all the right to try to change , not to leave it like that. so here it is. a suggestion for mods not for you. cause they can make this changes .

yes , i m sure the majority is against this idea but i don t care .

of course if the big majority does not want this change to put religious drawings under mature content then, i guess ,if people draw anti-religious drawings there is no problem .
smile

#12 15 Aug, 2015 10:35 am

I ask you what others have been asking you, what religious drawings are you talking about that disturbed you so much? Can you please link some in here to show us?

The Art of Chaos = The Chaos of Art

#13 15 Aug, 2015 12:41 pm

vis_in_vis wrote:

a suggestion for mods not for you. cause they can make this changes .

1. Private message them. By posting it in the forums you're inviting the opinions of others. That's how it's always been with suggest a feature, so don't be suprised if people reply and possibly disagree.

2. Mick barely communicates with the members here. What makes you think he'll implement your suggestion?

3. I've never seen a religous speech oppressive drawing or a religous drawing with torture elements. Post them.

#14 15 Aug, 2015 2:18 pm

I do have a drawing with a very subtle upside down cross in it.  It wasn't meant to purposefully offend or anything but I would imagine that even if it did offend someone they would just not give it a like and not look at it any longer. 

Just like if you saw a religious drawing you didn't like, you have every right to not give it a like and not look at it any further.  It's easy, anyone can do it and it requires no moderators.

#15 28 Jan, 2016 9:32 pm

I dunno, while I think that yeah, people shouldn't be able to draw violent depictions of things or hate speech and then justify it in the name of religion, I think that more family friendly depictions of religious things should be okay. A lot of important art has been inspired by religion, so it seems very strange for an art-based website to ban religion altogether. Sure, religion can cause arguments, but why not ban arguing or hating on each others opinions instead of religious expression?

celery *shudders with disgust*

#16 29 Jan, 2016 12:57 am

Personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with nudity and gore and I feel like RMD members should at least be allowed to draw nonsexual nudity, but seeing as this is a family friendly site, I agree with you. Whether something is religious or not, it should still follow the rules.

#17 14 Feb, 2016 7:34 pm

i really like gore too..so it s not about what i like smile i was just saying that everyone should feel good here  , regardless of age and all

#18 25 Feb, 2016 2:42 am

The only drawings you will see are those of people you friended or if you go looking.  I have done Christmas and Easter drawings and I certainly don't plan to change my choices because they offend YOU.  Nor would I request that you change your choices if I didn't like them.

In God I Trust.

#19 25 Feb, 2016 8:30 am

I actually see more than only my friends drawings , and this will shock you but i  like your drawings and i m not offended by your choices cause they make you happy   , i m simply sick of being exposed to zombification  .

i don t see why all those fantasy believers are so angry with my request .. my request was for mods not for you , subjects that are for adults should be in an adult category ,simple and clear .

just imagine how if i will start to draw a rotten bloody tomato over and over and ask people to believe this tomato will save their life ,.go pray to the tomato..yeah it s funny first but really.. maybe some kids will ask about it and then ..religions are so easy to start...

#20 29 Feb, 2016 3:52 pm

This site would be more fun without rules on what can be drawn. Nudity and gore isn't even bad. tongue I would just say to put a Mature filter on it like DeviantArt does and people that don't want to see nudity, gore, etc wouldn't have to see what they don't want to see. That, or, there could be a specific side to RMD where it has Mature themes only. There could also be a Questionable section or something. Idk.

I think it would make everyone happy. It would also be cool if RMD wasn't dying, more people were here, and... if DrawChat had more options and didn't kick you out after 15 minutes. It would be nice if there was an "Away" button to click on when you're not there at the moment. Saving DrawChat like .rmd, .rmdc, but maybe .dc for DrawChat... etc and coming back to it later when you have the time. Everyone involved in the same DrawChat could have the file and maybe finish it at a later time and if they chose not to submit it as a DrawChat drawing, they could instead submit it to their profile. I don't know if any of this is possible, but the more options, the more fun. wink

Board footer

320 online members & visitors
See who's online
Follow us on:
RateMyDrawings on FacebookRateMyDrawings on YouTube RateMyDrawings on Twitter

About RateMyDrawings Terms & Conditions Advertise on RMD Privacy Policy Donate Behavior Guide

Mixart New Media LLC. Online Art Communities
As creators of drawings, you own the rights to your own drawings. Respect copyright protected artwork.
More information in our Terms and Copyright Policy.