Forum discussions Who's online Member Birthdays
Check out our new RMD Facebook Group.
Forum Search

#1 24 Aug, 2015 11:13 am

Make Java tools works

I actually make this post cause I see lots of people have problem with it and I find myself too in this situation. I have search ways and alternatives to work this out:

Edit: 2/4/2017

From now on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Opera would not support NPAPI-plugins which explain Java Draw not working in the browser mention. So right now the main browser that work would be Internet Explorer for Windows and Safari for Mac. If you want to be adventurous,  you can try the browser below.

Pale Moon
    Isis (WebOS)
    Konqueror
    Midori
    Odyssey Web Browser (MorphOS)
    QupZilla
    SeaMonkey
    Web
    Uzbl

Well actually there still some issues even after successfully using the tools which some of the problem is:
    1. Couldn't save the drawing to website or to computer.
    2. Couldn't upload the drawing to continue to finishing it.
    3. Blank white image appear when uploading the drawing.

Would be much appreciated your help

Hope some of the solution helps for those who can't use this tools, open to suggestion regarding the tools, Happy Drawings big_smile

Last edited by kalimanjaro (03 Apr, 2017 6:36 am)

The cloud...it's so Nice...

#2 25 Aug, 2015 7:42 pm

Re: Make Java tools works

I recommend "pale moon" browser (based on firefox). Just tried it and java works for me, I might try drawing this weekend! (finally) cool

#3 25 Aug, 2015 8:15 pm

Thank you for your suggestion big_smile, I've made it work in firefox which a relief for me, I thought I had a heart attack when I couldn't work it out that time XD

#4 26 Aug, 2015 4:59 pm

Ummm,  I've already done all the necessary for Java to work on Chrome a few months ago, and it still seems to work for me.
Personally, I only use it when I start a drawing (to choose the canvas format and size), and, after finishing, when I save it on the website; for all the drawing process I always use the offline working mode of ChibiPaint: http://www.ratemydrawings.com/community … 88&p=1

SWAEG. ಠ_ಠ

#5 26 Aug, 2015 6:49 pm

Yeah, chibipaint stopped working for me on chrome.
Chrome has been a butt for a while now on different areas as well and I use firefox now. Chibipaint works fine in firefox.

#6 06 Sep, 2015 7:08 pm

Ok to day I got foxfire to work and i re-downloaded java and then i had to enable plugins in the extension...  and it actually worked I was able to draw my las drawing in java tool and it did come out pretty good

Bee happy Bee thankful

#7 06 Sep, 2015 8:20 pm

Anniebee wrote:

Ok to day I got foxfire to work and i re-downloaded java and then i had to enable plugins in the extension...  and it actually worked I was able to draw my las drawing in java tool and it did come out pretty good

Glad that work on you big_smile Will looking forward to see your drawing again big_smile

#8 13 Oct, 2015 3:22 pm

This should be a sticky thread o3o

hey

#9 13 Oct, 2015 5:35 pm

TheCrimsonReaper wrote:

This should be a sticky thread o3o

XD That's actually a great idea, by chance you encounter some problem with Java tool?

#10 14 Oct, 2015 1:18 am

TheCrimsonReaper recommended this thread to me, and it has been very helpful. smile I can draw in Firefox and upload it to the website, but I can't upload previously saved drawings nor can I save them for later. Is this a Java problem?

Falling      Falling
         Falling      Like a storm...
;,;":*#*#*#*#* :'':;,,";*#*#*#*#*:";
: :.; ":, :" ;: ' ,  : big_smile ":;,,'  '; ' ,: ';:" : ;

#11 14 Oct, 2015 2:12 am

oh, Theanera well when you save the drawing do you put the
.chi at the end of your drawing when you save it for later? Well I try using java tool today and it work fine really actually yes..lol sometimes previously saved drawing couldn't be upload or save for later, I think its the bug but if you relentlessly try uploading or save it to website or computer it will work out for you, like I did weeks ago when the tools not saving it to the computer lol I try it multipules time and it finally crack up on me XD

Last edited by kalimanjaro (14 Oct, 2015 2:15 am)

#12 03 Apr, 2017 6:34 am

*bump

Just so people see this ~(~w~)~

Board footer

278 online members & visitors
See who's online
Follow us on:
RateMyDrawings on FacebookRateMyDrawings on YouTube RateMyDrawings on Twitter

About RateMyDrawings Terms & Conditions Advertise on RMD Privacy Policy Donate Behavior Guide

Mixart New Media LLC. Online Art Communities
As creators of drawings, you own the rights to your own drawings. Respect copyright protected artwork.
More information in our Terms and Copyright Policy.