Forum discussions Who's online Member Birthdays
Forum Search

#1 25 Feb, 2016 9:32 am

I never knew this site existed!

Hi! I just made my account a few minutes ago so I'm still trying to figure out my way around this site. I've seen so many sites like this one made for uploading art and interacting with a community... but I have never seen this one in all the years I've been online!

I'm kind of scared to draw because I'm older and so many artists start out as kids or teenagers it makes me feel silly to have such a low skill level. This site seems really friendly and welcoming so I'm not so scared to learn here! It's never too late to learn, right? I also see that this site isn't as active as other ones which also makes me feel better, a smaller community is less intimidating!

My primary interests are manga/anime related (if you couldn't tell by my username) so that is the style I hope to get good at. I also hope to learn realism type painting, I would love to be able to draw animals! I also play some video games. I've only ever drawn a few times on paper so I hopefully my digital drawings don't look too bad.

Well, I'm really bad at introductions and I just realized I should say a bit more about who I am! I'm 20 years old, female, and I live in the United States. I think I'm kinda boring but I hope to make some friends here and get good at drawing!

#2 25 Feb, 2016 11:14 am

Re: I never knew this site existed!

Hi,Welcome to RMD! big_smile Yes, site like this Is exist xD. Well most of the folks here is consist from the young to adult with varied experience in art and in fairly in good manner , well a piece of draw should get you started http://www.ratemydrawings.com/startdrawing.php big_smile and you can go to the Draw chat http://www.ratemydrawings.com/chat/ , which there you can collaborate a draw and chat.or just go to the community tab and click the tutorial section http://www.ratemydrawings.com/tutorials/  which help you as well and the forum http://www.ratemydrawings.com/community/ too there some good post there you can search.

Hope that help you get started here

Keep Smiling big_smile

Last edited by kalimanjaro (25 Feb, 2016 11:22 am)

The cloud...it's so Nice...

#3 25 Feb, 2016 3:13 pm

Hooray, a new member! big_smile
I'm gonna be 20 this year, no such thing as too old for art.  tongue
Anyways, yeah it's not as active as before, but there is still life!

I guess i'll just space out of here.

#4 25 Feb, 2016 9:04 pm

Hey, welcome to RMD! big_smile I hope you'll enjoy the time here and don't worry about your skill level it's never too late to start and you'll probably keep getting better fast wink
Btw, Izaya's pretty awesome, especially around "Shizu-Chan" XD

~Requiem for a Nope~

#5 25 Feb, 2016 11:48 pm

Welcome to RMD, we hope you have some good fun here smile

The Art of Chaos = The Chaos of Art

#6 28 Feb, 2016 3:48 pm

Hey ! big_smile Welcome to the family ! Im sure u'll like this site and make friends its indeed a very friendly community smile ! there's not any age limit or anything in arts, here we have people from all ages so dont worry(and ur not old to begin with)
btw really nice username (from durarara right? ..izaya is my fav character XD)
About the skills this site is very friendly and easy so ull get used to it pretty quickly (i recommend u start with flash draw its easy with basic tools,tho it has ink limit .. java is my favorite which might need a little bit more time to get used to the tools but despite that its the best program for realism, anime and other styles ..tho u might have a difficulty opening java draw cuz it doesnt open with chrome ..better use mozilla firefox... canvas draw is a mix of java and flash ,great for landscapes or abstract etc)
thats what u need to know about the site smile if u need any tips or help dont hesitate to ask big_smile and check out draw chat to meet many artists smile
cant wait to see ur drawings big_smile

Last edited by Andriani (28 Feb, 2016 3:50 pm)

Donít take life too seriously, youíll never get out of it alive.

#7 01 Mar, 2016 1:54 pm

Welcome to RMD!!! big_smile

#8 02 Mar, 2016 10:08 am

welcome here and simply enjoy drawing smile don t worry about skills , you ll get them with practice ..just have fun !

#9 02 Mar, 2016 6:34 pm

You don't have to worry, your age means nothing on this site!
Looking forward to seeing some of your art smile

#10 04 Mar, 2016 2:20 pm

Hey big_smile
Always nice to have new members, welcome to RMD ^-^
Yeah the community isn't the same as it used to be but it's still on, poeple are very nice here, you can make some new friends.
About your age I'm also a 20 years old female..So yeah dont worry about that wink We have people of all agaes, there are people the same age and even older than you.
If you need any help you can always ask, you can also come to Drawchat there you can chat and draw with othre users online smile
Hope you enjoy your time here big_smile..

~"Where passion and creativity meet art is made"~Free artist

Board footer

320 online members & visitors
See who's online
Follow us on:
RateMyDrawings on FacebookRateMyDrawings on YouTube RateMyDrawings on Twitter

About RateMyDrawings Terms & Conditions Advertise on RMD Privacy Policy Donate Behavior Guide

Mixart New Media LLC. Online Art Communities
As creators of drawings, you own the rights to your own drawings. Respect copyright protected artwork.
More information in our Terms and Copyright Policy.