Forum discussions Who's online Member Birthdays
Check out our new RMD Facebook Group.
Forum Search

#1 25 Dec, 2016 6:17 am

It's Christmas!!! Please, everyone come back!!!

Please come back to RMD! I miss chatting and drawing with people in DrawChat. sad Mostly, I just miss the randomness of it all. It was fun to login and see at least 10 or more people in DrawChat.

I remember back in 2008, there was at least 5 or more people in EACH ROOM, including the 'Mature' room -which has been gone for quite a while-. What happened to everyone?

When did RMD lose it's... magic? Or whatever.

Where is Mick? I know he has a family now, but where is he?! I know he says in his introduction:

"The best way to support our community is to just keep drawing - even if it's for fun and not serious. Another way is by taking time to occasionally rate and comments drawings by new or learning artists." but I personally think it takes more than just that to keep this community thriving.

I think everyone should come back, including Mick and the moderators, and THEN when they do and everything gets better, we can REALLY support RMD by donating: http://www.ratemydrawings.com/pages/donate.php

It's okay if you guys don't agree with me, though. RMD is dying and there's nothing I can really do to change that.

Merry Christmas!!! lol

http://www.allthingschristmas.com/images/Christmas/merry_christmas.jpg

#2 26 Dec, 2016 1:34 am

Re: It's Christmas!!! Please, everyone come back!!!

I agree Simmeh, Merry Christmas

I'M NEVER LEAVING big_smile

The Art of Chaos = The Chaos of Art

#3 01 Jan, 2017 8:29 am

nirvanaspirit666 wrote:

I agree Simmeh, Merry Christmas

I'M NEVER LEAVING big_smile

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! 😊

#4 30 Jan, 2017 1:00 pm

Okay, this whole forum is a joke. RMD won't come back. Lmao.

#5 31 Jan, 2017 12:13 am

Simmeh wrote:

Okay, this whole forum is a joke. RMD won't come back. Lmao.

You gotta believe! Don't give up hope! Mick will soon return to us giving us a total new era of RMD. The old will come back, the new will join, art will advance to beyond what was known. But for this to happen you have to post this message to 10 of your friends in the next 3 days. If you don't RMD will crash, pictures will be corrupted and all the users will be gone.

#6 31 Jan, 2017 8:29 am

I read this forum and I was all like 'yay Simmeh', ok let's give RMD a bit more love. So I've been regularly rating and commenting again, did a drawchat and started working on a profile drawing, which I hadn't done in 3 and a half years. And then by the end of the forum I read that the very person inspiring me to try harder is now giving up, saying the site is a joke, discouraging others from even trying anymore and doing the exact opposite of what she set up to do in the first place. What gives? Granted Simmeh has been trying to get people back for years (commenting on profiles, inviting people to DC and what not) and I understand it can all get a bit hopeless after a while. But to turn around and say 'nah forget what I've been standing for all this time, fighting isn't even worth it, it's a joke, let's all laugh at it instead' just breaks my heart. RMD has profoundly changed my life for the better. Now that I am aware it needs help I will continue to visit it every day until it either gets better or closes down for good.

Heil Gallaxhar!

#7 31 Jan, 2017 8:15 pm

Do you actually know how long we tried to change something? for like a year or 2. We tried really hard to fix something, we invited new people, we kept drawing, commenting, inspiring and we kept coming up with ideas which we tried mick to hear us. Some were even really small with huge impacts. We just wanted to hear something from Mick or any admin that there is some worth to this site or if they have any plans. To this single day he hasn't even commented a single word. It's not that hard is it?
The site also didn't have a single moderator and all the mods that actually came online had their old visions of 90's internet where they even banned some of the last people for silly reasons. Drawchat's didn't get also accepted which now is luckly automated so a little progress. But the site still is not selfsustaining in many other aspects than drawing aswell. You can get 300 active people here and in 3 months there will only be 15 left.
When you feel a site screws you over in every way possible of course people will feel betrayed.

#8 31 Jan, 2017 9:36 pm

Everyone is entitled to do whatever they think is best.
We've seen better days but if this is all that's left, can't we just enjoy it while it lasts instead of talking it down?
Like I said, everyone is free to act as they please. I for one am staying. RMD ftw ♡

Heil Gallaxhar!

#9 31 Jan, 2017 10:13 pm

Also! I am wildly annoyed for being late. I was so close! Jan 1st Simmeh was still onboard the rescue mission. Jan 5, I show up, train's already left the station and crashed into a volcano of long enduring frustration. Damn those 4 lousy days OTL

Heil Gallaxhar!

#10 04 Mar, 2017 7:06 pm

Social media has replace the need for chat with a lot of folks. Discussion boards were the rage. They began to fade first with Facebook and then Twitter sealed the deal.

t has been 5 years since I posted a drawing here. Its not easy to remember how to use the tools. Rate My Drawings is  good place to practice patterns.

Board footer

278 online members & visitors
See who's online
Follow us on:
RateMyDrawings on FacebookRateMyDrawings on YouTube RateMyDrawings on Twitter

About RateMyDrawings Terms & Conditions Advertise on RMD Privacy Policy Donate Behavior Guide

Mixart New Media LLC. Online Art Communities
As creators of drawings, you own the rights to your own drawings. Respect copyright protected artwork.
More information in our Terms and Copyright Policy.