Forum discussions Who's online Member Birthdays
Check out our new RMD Facebook Group.
Forum Search

#1 09 May, 2017 10:51 pm

Copic markers alternatives?

Hi everyone! Been a while since I've been on here and drawing!

I'm currently trying out new things with art outside of here and one is getting copic markers. But it's so expensive.. being the broke college student that I am.. are there any alternatives? Thanks!

#2 10 May, 2017 12:22 pm

Re: Copic markers alternatives?

Well, I'm not really a marker user though I did find some copic alternative.

Touch Marker
Kurecolor
Tinge Marker
Concept Marker
Spectrum Noir

Sorry that I couldn't give any thought on the pro and cons of this marker cause as I said haven't used one. If you still were insist on having a copic marker.. well you can buy it..one by one..much cheaper that way and yeah the ink is refillable in some version of it.

hope that narrow down your search :3

Last edited by kalimanjaro (10 May, 2017 12:22 pm)

The cloud...it's so Nice...

#3 10 May, 2017 3:11 pm

Maybe promarkers?

I saw a review where an artist would compare promarkers with copicmarkers:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVAn8Cc2kSs

#4 13 May, 2017 1:40 am

Thank you very much! I'll look into them! ^_^

#5 18 May, 2017 12:00 am

kalimanjaro wrote:

Well, I'm not really a marker user though I did find some copic alternative.

Touch Marker
Kurecolor
Tinge Marker
Concept Marker
Spectrum Noir

Sorry that I couldn't give any thought on the pro and cons of this marker cause as I said haven't used one. If you still were insist on having a copic marker.. well you can buy it..one by one..much cheaper that way and yeah the ink is refillable in some version of it.

hope that narrow down your search :3

I've used Spectum Noir and those are pretty good- the only thing is that they bleed a lot through the paper and they don't blend like how you can a little with copic (and then of course if you have a separate blender pen)

But me personally I'm currently nuts about copic pens- there is a way to get them cheaper: if there is a Michaels craft store by you then you can look into their online coupons(they almost always have 40% off)

thats what I do but the downside is you get them one at a time, but the ease of use of copic makes it worth it

^-^~Fate determines who enters your life
Your actions decide who stays~^-^
O.o You are what you are
(and) You are what you eat o.O

Board footer

365 online members & visitors
See who's online
Follow us on:
RateMyDrawings on FacebookRateMyDrawings on YouTube RateMyDrawings on Twitter

About RateMyDrawings Terms & Conditions Advertise on RMD Privacy Policy Donate Behavior Guide

Mixart New Media LLC. Online Art Communities
As creators of drawings, you own the rights to your own drawings. Respect copyright protected artwork.
More information in our Terms and Copyright Policy.