Forum discussions Who's online Member Birthdays
Some part of our site are not functional and we're currently exploring options to get things working again.
Forum Search

#1 06 Dec, 2017 6:25 am

Storage for Paintings

I have been thinking about exhibiting my drawings for the past few months. At last, I have decided to exhibit my works by the end of Feb. My friend has already made the arrangements for that. I have the glass paintings that I had drawn before with me at home now. I have also started drawing a few more paintings. Now I'm in the mid of an abstract work. Wassily Kandinsky is one of my favorite abstract painters. His paintings are awesome. I have taken a few references from him to make my piece of work more interesting and catchy. The main intention of this exhibition is to gain valuable reviews regarding my works and identify the areas where I need to improve to become an artist.

As artworks should always be stored in units with climate-control storage units, I'm in search of a good self storage units. The main reason for that is exposing fragile canvases to heat and humidity causes them to tighten, stretch or slacken, thus creating cracking and paint flaking off with time.

Till date, I haven't used a storage facility. So guys, if you have any idea on the Do's and Don'ts of Artwork Storage, please share it

When you have nothing to say.............
Draw Something............!

Board footer

201 online members & visitors
See who's online
Follow us on:
RateMyDrawings on FacebookRateMyDrawings on YouTube RateMyDrawings on Twitter

About RateMyDrawings Terms & Conditions Advertise on RMD Privacy Policy Donate Behavior Guide

Mixart New Media LLC. Online Art Communities
As creators of drawings, you own the rights to your own drawings. Respect copyright protected artwork.
More information in our Terms and Copyright Policy.