Forum discussions Who's online Member Birthdays
Forum Search
! This Topic has been closed.

#1 10 Dec, 2008 10:12 pm

Java Problems!

I'm soooooo tired of this T_T!!!!! The java tool doesn't work for me at all! It has something to do with my computer, I think. Whenever I try using the java tool, the drawing tool doesn't load, instead, a red x appears in the top left corner and a window pops up saying Error-Java. I tried using the link on the page for downloading java but under mac (I have a mac but I use a PC monitor)  it says macs already have java. I tried going to the mac web site and downloaded java but it said it only worked for a certain type of mac. The one java picture I made was done on a different computer that I very rarely get a chance to use.  I'm really confused and frustrated, could anyone help me?

-Don't follow in my footsteps (I walk into walls)-

#2 10 Dec, 2008 10:14 pm

Re: Java Problems!

Well, there comes a time in every Javas life when it needs a nice vacation, and currently the Java tool is in Jamaica.

Check back tomorrow for a freeeee goodie-bag of stick o' rocks and ink!

This signature is invisible. If you can see it, you're obviously very epic and deserve brownie points wink

#3 10 Dec, 2008 10:16 pm

tiger....*head-desk*
try updating java,go to their website and hit "update" or whatever.
sorry im of no help

There's no Shepard without Vakarian

#4 10 Dec, 2008 10:20 pm

Squirrely, you know I'm starting a joke-war with Sub asap, right?

Yeah, but, updating should work, if not check the holiday leaflet, I'm sure I saw summat!

This signature is invisible. If you can see it, you're obviously very epic and deserve brownie points wink

#5 10 Dec, 2008 10:22 pm

Tiger wrote:

Well, there comes a time in every Javas life when it needs a nice vacation, and currently the Java tool is in Jamaica.

Check back tomorrow for a freeeee goodie-bag of stick o' rocks and ink!

That might be true except I've been having this problem since the tool came out. I'll try doing that squirril, thanks!

#6 10 Dec, 2008 10:23 pm

Yeah, I've had the same problem... except the page doesn't load at all... just a white background... I don't know what's wrong with it either, but the RMD tool isn't that bad. The only problem is the ink limit, and that just makes drawing a challenge! Sorry for not being any help though ^/.\^'!

"Foolish little brother... You're weak... Why are you so weak? Because you lack...
WAFFLE CRISPS!!!"

#7 10 Dec, 2008 10:23 pm

right, lemme check the calender-yep, it's been on vacation for a long time, lazy thing. We'll have to update it's contract O:

-cough-

Good luckk [;

#8 10 Dec, 2008 10:24 pm

tiger,umm.....your joke is becoming a little repetative XD

There's no Shepard without Vakarian

#9 10 Dec, 2008 10:25 pm

You can't have more than one joke per thread O:

THAT would be so clowny!

So, what did the donkey say to the flower?
Nothing, 'cuz donkeys can't talk!

HAHAHA.

Okay, away from my... bad... jokes, I hope the java comes home!

#10 10 Dec, 2008 10:26 pm

I went to the java web site and looked at all the downloads and under mac, it said:
"Use the Software Update feature (available on the Apple menu) to check that you have the most up-to-date version of Java for your Mac."
So I did that and it said there wasn't any new software. I'm not sure what to do. Maybe I should try downloading one of the PC ones and see what happens @_@

#11 10 Dec, 2008 10:27 pm

Yuh-huh!

Stupid holidays, huh? In the run up to Christmas, Java's always a bit wacky, yannoo. Holidays.

-yes, I'm now making the repetition the joke-

-cough-

I hope it workss, maybe it's just your computer that's behind and not java?

#12 10 Dec, 2008 10:34 pm

I tried downloading a windows java and it told me "There is no application for opening this document" or something like that. This is really annoying @_@.

#13 10 Dec, 2008 10:37 pm

Have you got any other Java applications running?

OWUL.

#14 10 Dec, 2008 10:39 pm

No

#15 10 Dec, 2008 10:43 pm

Then I cannot help you.

OWUL.

#16 10 Dec, 2008 10:46 pm

This stinks D:. Maybe I'll ask my dad for help later.

#17 11 Dec, 2008 2:37 am

jrockhopper wrote:

I'm soooooo tired of this T_T!!!!! The java tool doesn't work for me at all! It has something to do with my computer, I think. Whenever I try using the java tool, the drawing tool doesn't load, instead, a red x appears in the top left corner and a window pops up saying Error-Java. I tried using the link on the page for downloading java but under mac (I have a mac but I use a PC monitor)  it says macs already have java. I tried going to the mac web site and downloaded java but it said it only worked for a certain type of mac. The one java picture I made was done on a different computer that I very rarely get a chance to use.  I'm really confused and frustrated, could anyone help me?

I have the same exact problem! sad If I figure it out I shall tell you what to do! xD

a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o q r s t u v w x y z
-wait where's the pee?

#18 11 Dec, 2008 2:39 am

Really O.O?!!! Yay, I'm not alone!! If I figure it out, I'll be sure to tell you also :3.

#19 11 Dec, 2008 2:40 am

ooh, maybe mick knows what to do?

life is about finding your way and making it your own. only YOU can live your life.

SCREW PRACTICALITY! big_smile

#20 09 May, 2014 11:52 am

in case anyone runs across this... it may be the other way around with newer versions of JRE as they have auto expiration built into their code now. JavaDraw/Chibipaint is old in the tooth now, so it gets blocked with default settings... To change this you can add the Java Draw applet's url to the security exceptions in the Java Settings located in the Control Panel on Windows machines. I don't have a Mac handy, but There is a similar solution for Macs

"Killed with a swizzle stick!?" Jack was incredulous.
An excerpt from my unwritten book.
~The.Great.ESCape
http://ratemydrawings.com/user/TheGreatESCape/ or http://www.sumopaint.com/profile/?id=81500

Board footer

262 online members & visitors
See who's online
Follow us on:
RateMyDrawings on FacebookRateMyDrawings on YouTube RateMyDrawings on Twitter

About RateMyDrawings Terms & Conditions Advertise on RMD Privacy Policy Donate Behavior Guide

Mixart New Media LLC. Online Art Communities
As creators of drawings, you own the rights to your own drawings. Respect copyright protected artwork.
More information in our Terms and Copyright Policy.