Forum discussions Who's online Member Birthdays
Forum Search

#1 31 Dec, 2014 10:33 am

Hi ive been here for a while but never introduced myself :)

Hi, Ive been on this  website for about 3 months but never knew the forums existed. Im 16 years old and still looking for myself, as cliche as that sounds. Ive always felt like i cant do anything so now im trying everything. I have no money so when i saw this website i looked at it like a door, no i cant literally paint but this is a step in the right direction. Now im starting to look into getting a wacom thing to do my own drawings on, but if i do decide to get one i want to make sure im dedicated enough for this to be an ongoing hobby, which is fine considering its going to take me forever to save up for one.
Right now im just trying to explore so none of my work is very good but you have to start somewhere right? If you have any tips i would love to hear them and i love talking to new people so feel free to reach out, its likely ill need the hand :3

Cruel to be kind

#2 31 Dec, 2014 9:45 pm

Re: Hi ive been here for a while but never introduced myself :)

Welcome to RMD AK.  Hope you enjoy it here and find your path!!
It's pretty quiet right now, hopefully after New Years things will pick up!! Oh, and Happy New Year to you! smile

I support RMD becoming a better art community - I draw with effort and passion!
The most beautiful things in life,
Can not be seen, they must be felt with the Heart.
Helen Keller

#3 03 Jan, 2015 5:07 am

Hi AK, welcome to RMD smile I was the same age when I got into drawing digitally, my drawings were, well, sh*t to put it one way, but I had the passion to keep going and I can honestly say to myself that I have actually improved since then (which is a relief hahahaha)

RMD is a great place to start off in because the community is small and there are many other drawing websites out there if your interest in drawing increases.

I personally would recommend getting a tablet because using a mouse can give you RSI but it doesn't necessarily have to be a brand new Wacom Bamboo/intuos tablet, there are many cheaper brands such as Monoprice or Huion etc. and secondhand is also a viable option (I bought my medium sized wacom bamboo tablet off ebay for about $250 but there are plenty of cheaper ones out there)

Getting a tablet doesn't automatically upgrade the quality of your art though, which a lot of beginners seem to think...

Anyways, good luck to you and I hope to see more of your drawings AwkwardFreak

#4 03 Jan, 2015 7:12 am

Thanks smile happy new years and yah i know it wont make my artwork better but hopefully a little bit on the quality because i use a mouse pad. Thanks for the welcome and support along with advice big_smile

Cruel to be kind

#5 03 Jan, 2015 10:53 am

Hello there! Welcome to RMD. lol

You should come visit DrawChat sometime and draw/chat with people! It can be pretty fun when people are actually online. big_smile

#6 12 Jan, 2015 2:20 pm

Welcome to RMD!

Yeah, the first time I joined RMD, I had the same thing, it took me about four months to notice that there was a forum.

My recommendation is to practice as much as you can. Also, if you are going to mainly draw people, like realism or cartoons, definitely take the time to learn some stuff about anatomy, even if it is just making little mental notes of where certain parts of the body line up.

celery *shudders with disgust*

Board footer

176 online members & visitors
See who's online
Follow us on:
RateMyDrawings on FacebookRateMyDrawings on YouTube RateMyDrawings on Twitter

About RateMyDrawings Terms & Conditions Advertise on RMD Privacy Policy Donate Behavior Guide

Mixart New Media LLC. Online Art Communities
As creators of drawings, you own the rights to your own drawings. Respect copyright protected artwork.
More information in our Terms and Copyright Policy.