Forum discussions Who's online Member Birthdays
Some part of our site are not functional and we're currently exploring options to get things working again.
Forum Search

#1 14 Nov, 2015 8:13 pm

Hello^^

Just thought I'd introduce myself and maybe get to meet some nice people smile. I'm a girl, 15 years and from Germany. I love drawing, Anime/Manga and some games as well.
I just joined to day, did one drawing by now and I still have a little trouble^^'  Can someone tell me if it's normal that my lineart is so shaky? And can I make a Huion tablet work on JawaDraw?

Last edited by Lejana (14 Nov, 2015 8:13 pm)

~Requiem for a Nope~

#2 14 Nov, 2015 9:25 pm

Re: Hello^^

try these buttons out http://prntscr.com/92suie
and welcome to rmd big_smile

HEYEAYEAYEYA

#3 14 Nov, 2015 9:52 pm

Hey smile welcome to rmd !! It's great to see new artists join big_smile !! I'm sure u'll like this site !! I saw your first drawing it was cool smile ! If u need any help or tips feel free to message me smile and don't worry about the shaky lines u will get better soon u just need some practice, I don't know if Java can work with ur tablet I only draw with laptop so I can't help u there, Can't wait to see more of ur drawings big_smile

"Music is the strongest form of magic" ~ Marilyn Manson

#4 14 Nov, 2015 10:15 pm

Welcome! Hopefully you have lots of fun here! I don't really draw line art, but i guess practice is the key. Try exercises to keep your hands steady? My style is just to color and smudge until i get whatever i want. >,<

I guess i'll just space out of here.

#5 15 Nov, 2015 1:34 am

That was exactly what I thought when I started drawing here. After some practice my lines improved and now they look less shaky. Draw a grid of vertical, diagonal, and horizontal lines and trace them fast. That will make it easier to determine if the problem is the tablet or if you are tracing the lines too slowly. Welcome to rmd

Last edited by Fliomania (15 Nov, 2015 1:35 am)

#6 15 Nov, 2015 4:06 pm

Thank you all for the nice welcome and the advice:D I already like this site and I'll probably get used to the drawing tools soon as well;)

~Requiem for a Nope~

#7 17 Nov, 2015 8:59 pm

By the way, can anyone tell me why it seems so many members left this site a while ago? Did the mods abandon it or something?

~Requiem for a Nope~

#8 17 Nov, 2015 9:26 pm

Its because the mods agreed on making this site pg 13, and started being very serious about it. They banned lots of users who were drawing nudity and deleting even artistic nudity, so people left to more mature sites where they can practice advanced stuff without being banned. Soon enough there was no one left to ban or bully with their super powers, so mods went away too cause it was not amusing enough for them anymore either. Ze end.

HEYEAYEAYEYA

#9 17 Nov, 2015 9:45 pm

"people left to more mature sites where they can practice advanced stuff without being banned"
I haven't found any good sites so far. Which sites do you recommend? Thanks in advance.
I dislike deviant art .. I'm against paying for memberships.

#10 17 Nov, 2015 10:41 pm

I know some people went away because their friends went away. That and maybe not enough updates, everyone has different reasons. I'm here though! big_smile instead of websites i use iPad apps like 123d for sculpting. Theres also sketchbook x when i draw. For websites theres sumo.fm. Theres a few other sites I'm sure you can find if you search online for websites like RMD or deviant art. Wysp.ws might be one too.

Last edited by space star 1 (17 Nov, 2015 10:54 pm)

I guess i'll just space out of here.

#11 17 Nov, 2015 11:47 pm

Hi big_smile Welcome, hope enjoy drawing here. Line shaky? Well I guess the brush is pretty sensitive as mine is quite jagged too XD, well if you want a smooth line if you're using JavaDraw try crank up the Smoothing percentage to 50 percent and you will see some smooth line, or use Line tool or Basic line for Canvas draw. As for tablet, well I'm not a tablet user XD sorry though there is an instruction on the tool which you need to install JTablet to make the tablet work in JavaDraw, her the link http://jtablet.cellosoft.com/ . Hope that helps and happy drawing big_smile

Last edited by kalimanjaro (17 Nov, 2015 11:49 pm)

The cloud...it's so Nice...

#12 18 Nov, 2015 1:24 pm

Alright, thanks for the explanation. pg 13 sure is pretty strict, but whatever, I still like the site roll And thanks for the link smile

~Requiem for a Nope~

#13 18 Nov, 2015 4:42 pm

Fliomania wrote:

"people left to more mature sites where they can practice advanced stuff without being banned"
I haven't found any good sites so far. Which sites do you recommend? Thanks in advance.
I dislike deviant art .. I'm against paying for memberships.

what do u mean paying for membership ? having a deviant art requires payment? i have a deviant art (tho i dont use it much) and i havent noticed anything like that ..

"Music is the strongest form of magic" ~ Marilyn Manson

#14 19 Nov, 2015 5:08 pm

You can buy a Core Membership to some special privileges, though. But normal memberships are for free

~Requiem for a Nope~

#15 13 Jun, 2016 9:10 pm

Thanks for the info

Board footer

259 online members & visitors
See who's online
Follow us on:
RateMyDrawings on FacebookRateMyDrawings on YouTube RateMyDrawings on Twitter

About RateMyDrawings Terms & Conditions Advertise on RMD Privacy Policy Donate Behavior Guide

Mixart New Media LLC. Online Art Communities
As creators of drawings, you own the rights to your own drawings. Respect copyright protected artwork.
More information in our Terms and Copyright Policy.