Forum discussions Who's online Member Birthdays
Check out our new RMD Facebook Group.
Forum Search

#1 03 Nov, 2016 1:16 am

Draw Day

Im in the mood for a draw day. We dont need a prize just the fun of seeing what everyone can do... anybody else in the mood for a marathon draw day!  lol

#2 03 Nov, 2016 2:45 am

Re: Draw Day

Count me In smile RMD Draw day 2016 smile

The Art of Chaos = The Chaos of Art

#3 04 Nov, 2016 10:35 pm

so we can do any amount of drawings we want?

#4 12 Nov, 2016 10:04 am

Former Draw Days were to draw as many as you could in the draw day period.  Some drew a few some drew a ton but all were good! It was really fun. Back then they had a [rize but now we can do it for the joy of drawing.
We need to pick a date or weekend and let everyone know.

You have a lot of friends Nirvanaspirit666. maybe you can get some inout as to when ?

#5 12 Nov, 2016 5:43 pm

I can try, but it will be hard to do, not many people online anymore

#6 12 Nov, 2016 9:39 pm

I'm up for that! smile I miss participating in all the fun on Draw Day. <3

#7 13 Nov, 2016 6:34 am

Ok spread the word. We need to pick a weekend to let everyone in one it.   Any suggestions?

#8 13 Nov, 2016 11:27 am

it would have to be a weekend where people are more relaxed, how about thanksgiving?

#9 13 Nov, 2016 6:06 pm

Im up for that... Maybe 11/24-27, 2016 and its as many draws as you can over the course of the weekend... Any subject matter and if mature noted in the subject line since there are minors on here.

So if this is agreeable we need to spread the word to everyone!

Those who do the most will be mentioned and maybe the moderators can give a special award since they have other awards that they give, usually to their friends but Im sure its possible along with the usual daily awards. It will be fun. So need to go over to diviant and post the event...

Nirvanaspirit666 can you do a drawing with one of your great characters announcing draw day weekend? Youre so good at that..

anyway, thank you friends for participating and making this a good thing!

ttyl \

Nj

#10 15 Nov, 2016 4:34 am

I might join in and submit a few drawings under one condition

#11 15 Nov, 2016 8:44 am

What condition? Filiomania?   Wanna just make this fun and light and bring some people together who love to draw... No stress No prizes...just for the love of drawing and see what we can do!

#12 16 Nov, 2016 6:12 am

I'll join in if Davinksi, SBCDancer, and Relic join in

#13 16 Nov, 2016 4:05 pm

I want to join, too! Sounds fun.

Falling      Falling
         Falling      Like a storm...
;,;":*#*#*#*#* :'':;,,";*#*#*#*#*:";
: :.; ":, :" ;: ' ,  : big_smile ":;,,'  '; ' ,: ';:" : ;

#14 16 Nov, 2016 5:54 pm

Spread the word friends!

#15 19 Nov, 2016 6:47 pm

What is the point in trying to keep this website alive?

There are other place online where we can draw. Almost everybody already left. Not even the owner comes here.

#16 20 Nov, 2016 8:24 am

This "let's all", "poor us , we are so abandoned . we should leave " is incredible... "normal" ...mad
"Artists" at least  in theory should be more capable to use their own brain and don t act like a "herd".
Is extremely obvious that this site is unique and really well done(sustainable without being controlled 24/24)
I keep trying to find a good site where to draw like this one and i can't . Most of drawing sites are very short lived , they attract small groups of users especially under 12 who use them for their chat , friend drawing section , etc.

Those sites that are big are usually not for drawing only , users are uploading any type of art , in more mediums , so they are nothing like RMD where people can use the same tools for creating .
And more important any site that has anything better to offer is, ofc, not free .
RMD could be even better if the draw chat system could be improved a little more .
Already chats are uploading directly , no mods needed , all users asked to have their drawings faster but nobody appreciate it  cause lol , why to be happy with cool stuff when u can be forever unhappy ,right ?

I m not sure if  a tagging system could help to at least not be accepted blank  drawings and even censor the non PG stuff .

All people are free to do whatever , stay here , leave , draw or not , who tf cares ? ! 
So to be more clear i m against this "we are all dead and rotting here " that may be cool for creating some dark and cool art , but not scare new users and make them think they are here too late and they won t even try to draw and see..that ofc;) is no problem here beside the fact that  nobody cares about the rest wink! smile
At least own your actions  people and learn to draw  for yourself  , not draw and then wait and moan why you don t have likes and comments that you are not willing to give anyway..
And btw  the payback kind of thinking is not cool either , waiting for people to be nice back is a cute utopia )) just be real ..

#17 20 Nov, 2016 4:11 pm

vis_in_vis wrote:

This "let's all", "poor us , we are so abandoned . we should leave " is incredible... "normal" ...mad
"Artists" at least  in theory should be more capable to use their own brain and don t act like a "herd".
Is extremely obvious that this site is unique and really well done(sustainable without being controlled 24/24)
I keep trying to find a good site where to draw like this one and i can't . Most of drawing sites are very short lived , they attract small groups of users especially under 12 who use them for their chat , friend drawing section , etc.

Those sites that are big are usually not for drawing only , users are uploading any type of art , in more mediums , so they are nothing like RMD where people can use the same tools for creating .
And more important any site that has anything better to offer is, ofc, not free .
RMD could be even better if the draw chat system could be improved a little more .
Already chats are uploading directly , no mods needed , all users asked to have their drawings faster but nobody appreciate it  cause lol , why to be happy with cool stuff when u can be forever unhappy ,right ?

I m not sure if  a tagging system could help to at least not be accepted blank  drawings and even censor the non PG stuff .

All people are free to do whatever , stay here , leave , draw or not , who tf cares ? ! 
So to be more clear i m against this "we are all dead and rotting here " that may be cool for creating some dark and cool art , but not scare new users and make them think they are here too late and they won t even try to draw and see..that ofc;) is no problem here beside the fact that  nobody cares about the rest wink! smile
At least own your actions  people and learn to draw  for yourself  , not draw and then wait and moan why you don t have likes and comments that you are not willing to give anyway..
And btw  the payback kind of thinking is not cool either , waiting for people to be nice back is a cute utopia )) just be real ..

THIS IS AWESOME VIS. I completely agree with you on this matter, everyone is dissolving from this website too rapidly and not giving it a chance to be renewed. Hardly anyone goes into drawchat, and people wonder why this website is failing. It's not because Mick left, or the site has an expiration date, its because people keep b*tching about the littlest things, and flee the site instead of staying and drawing.

I think the site is dying because artists who don't care anymore are allowing it to die. Instead of going on about how mick doesn't care, or there are no mods, or no contests, just draw... create things until your hands go numb and your fingers get fatigued. Go back into draw chat and gather a crowd, I gaurantee that it will help the website flourish more than ever.

If you love this site as much as I do, proclaim it, and do something to change the circumstances of the situation. make it so there is no situation, and bring those who have defected back to the best art site on the web.

NS6

#18 20 Nov, 2016 4:13 pm

Fliomania wrote:

What is the point in trying to keep this website alive?

There are other place online where we can draw. Almost everybody already left. Not even the owner comes here.

So why do you keep coming back? you're being the biggest hypocrite that ever joined this site.

#19 22 Nov, 2016 11:23 pm

Ho-hum

You see, one loves the sunset when one is so sad.

#20 24 Nov, 2016 6:24 am

This site has an expiration date? really? When is it?

In the meantime, would have been fun to meet up and draw for the sake of drawing...  But negativity prevails so we will see what this weekend brings...
I have been to other sites, I like the tools here. No need to go photoshop and pretend like I created something.

So Those in the know WHEN is the expiration date?

Board footer

247 online members & visitors
See who's online
Follow us on:
RateMyDrawings on FacebookRateMyDrawings on YouTube RateMyDrawings on Twitter

About RateMyDrawings Terms & Conditions Advertise on RMD Privacy Policy Donate Behavior Guide

Mixart New Media LLC. Online Art Communities
As creators of drawings, you own the rights to your own drawings. Respect copyright protected artwork.
More information in our Terms and Copyright Policy.